PDA

View Full Version : Babysitting fees?

louise
20-08-2012, 08:45 PM
Hi, I have been pmed via Facebook by a Mum looking for a babysitter 3pm-11pm once a month on a sat. It's 3 children aged 11,4 and 2. Mum has asked how much I would charge and I'm not sure my normal fee times 3 would not be what she is expecting. Not sure if I want to do it any way. but the extra money would be handy.
Thanks

Mummits
21-08-2012, 08:04 AM
When you say babysitting, I assume you mean in her home? If at yours, I would charge 3 times your normal "out of hours" rate, but for babysitting (which will hopefully largely be watching TV while kiddies sleep!) I charge less. I charge 7.50 an hour/part hour before midnight and 10.00/(part) hour after assuming they are local (minimum charge 30). If there is a longish drive I would add a bit extra for my extra time & petrol.

Mummits
21-08-2012, 08:08 AM
Sorry = just reread the times. I probably would charge 3 times my usual rate for up to bedtime.

FWIW I just had a little girl for an odd couple of days and was a bit apologetic about charging my out of hours rate ogf six pounds an hour but Mum said oh that's fine, the nanny agency she had contacted had quoted her eighteen!