PDA

View Full Version : weightwatchers

VeggieSausage
20-08-2012, 08:42 PM
Have joined WW tonight....does anyone else do it? How'd you get on with it?

Helen Dempster
20-08-2012, 08:51 PM
I've been thinking about joining WW for ages, but am such a wuss and am a bit shy going on my own. I've got to do something drastic though :(

VeggieSausage
20-08-2012, 08:53 PM
People were really friendly pluck up the courage and go!

mama2three
21-08-2012, 07:13 AM
I lost 22lb last year on WW - if youve got the motivation its actually very easy. My motivation went missing earlier this year and has never returned!

Helen Dempster
21-08-2012, 07:22 AM
do they do late eve/weekend sessions? I remember when I was looking into it before, they started at 5.30pm and I wasn't able to go as I finish work at 6.30pm and didn't fancy dragging all the kiddies along with me :blush:

I know I'd be fine after the initial meeting, it's just plucking up the courage for that first time :)

Playmate
21-08-2012, 07:29 AM
I have been a member since May, like any eating plan it works and it is easily adaptable to life. I was doing quite well, but have just come back from holiday having put on 4lbs so need to get myself back on track :rolleyes:

VeggieSausage
21-08-2012, 07:39 AM
My meeting starts at 7.30 and I was doing really well but have put on over a stone that I lost last year over the summer - I went mad and couldn't stop eating anything and everything. I need to get my brain round the quantities of everything such as how much rice can i eat, gonna give it a good go. the group seem very nice so I am going to go to the meetings each week:D

jane5
21-08-2012, 08:30 AM
I am a member of weightwatchers and they are all very friendly

Look on line for a group near you, some start at 7.30 am and are on several times through out the day and evening, you can also join the online group if you can't find one at a time to suit you.

Daftbat
21-08-2012, 08:57 AM
I have been going to ww for 12 months and have lost 48.5 pounds. The prop points plan really does work. I have tried lots of times over the years with no results but this has been different.

I have another 2.5 stone to go and am confident i will get there. Good luck (not that you'll need it!):thumbsup:

JulieA
21-08-2012, 09:24 AM
I've been going about 8 weeks and lost on average a pound a week. It took me a while to get my head around the points system, but gernerally it is going in the right direction.

My meeting starts at 6.30, but you can get away with a little later as you only join the queue for weighing. The talk starts at 7pm