PDA

View Full Version : two qu about new variations....

angiemog
20-08-2012, 08:42 PM
1. I have on my certificate that I am able to care for 2 under 1s. I was told this would stay on there until I requested for it to come off. So can I care for 2 under 1s after Sept my own and another even if it isn't a sibling baby?

2. I have a new mindee starting in Oct, forms and contracts have been signed. I have just had one of my current mums ask if I would be able to have a younger sibling possibly on a temp basis and not regularly (1-3 times a week)as she has just got a new job. She thinks this will start sometime in Sept. Having the sibling would take me over my current 3 I'm allowed from Oct? I havent signed contracts for this one as I said I needed to find out if it was possible.
The sibling mindee starts before the new mindee.....has this made any sense?
The Oct mindee may be classed as new business but the contracts were signed before the current mum asked me.......I would be grateful for some advice.
Thanks

JCrakers
20-08-2012, 10:04 PM
I'm no expert as I always have lots of questions myself about variations but as far as I know it (correct me please, if I'm wrong)

1. I always thought that variations were for a certain child, named on the variation form so when that said child turns 1 then I thought the variation stopped. I'm not sure if it would still stand or change??

2. As the contracts are signed by the new family I would go ahead with offering the care to mindees sibling as the variation will be for current family.
Because the contract has been signed you would have to say no to mindees sibling but with a variation in place you can say yes as long as you can show you can manage,risk assess and show that each child will get attention it needs

Like I said, I'm not too sure about the first.
Hth

Chatterbox Childcare
21-08-2012, 05:53 AM
You have to decide yourself as of Sept 12.

As you had baby 2 starting before baby 1 asked for an extension of hours I would say have both - risk assess and record it all