PDA

View Full Version : Artwork in LJ's?

VeggieSausage
20-08-2012, 05:17 PM
My assessor came round last week and I showed her one of my LJ's and she said to me that she was surprised there was any children's artwork in there as this should go home with the child.

Well on my childminding course they told us to include artwork, woman who ran it suggested doing 2 pictures sometimes to take one home and include one in the folder.

What does everyone think and do?

rickysmiths
20-08-2012, 05:22 PM
Don't take any notice of the silly woman. :angry:

They are taking it home, just in their LJ:clapping::laughing:

I put examples of their work in their LJs. Lumpy stuff I take pictures of that and put them in.

Sometimes I get them to do several, sometimes if they have been on display, I just take take them down over a weekend and pop them in the LJ and the lo doesn't even realise.!!

funemnx
20-08-2012, 05:24 PM
I have quite a few on display, then either put them in the folder or send them home. I photo a lot of things they make and put them in anyway, but not much in the actual folder.

miffy
20-08-2012, 05:25 PM
I do exactly the same as Ricky - if a lo is desperate to take their picture home I would photograph it for the lj.

I think it's nice to have examples of their work in there and so do the parents!

Silly person :rolleyes:

Miffy xx

moggy
20-08-2012, 05:29 PM
My LJ is all digital, so artwork is photographed for the LJ and then always goes home. I do not want to be storing artwork and children always want to take it home to show straight away.

Mouse
20-08-2012, 05:31 PM
I take photos of art work to put in the LJs as the children do like to take their masterpieces home. And it means I've got pictures of all sorts of things they've made - playdough shapes, junk modelling, collages that aren't flat, things that are too big for a folder etc.

The children I look after all want to take their work home on the day they've done it. I don't think it means much to them for it to be put in a folder. As they're young, they probably wouldn't realise it was theirs.

When we're doing displays I will get them to do 2 copies of whatever. It means they have one to take home & one to put on the wall.

Maza
20-08-2012, 05:42 PM
I didn't have any art work in my LJs and my inspector loved them. Mindees all want to take their work home on the day as they are proud of it and I don't want to deny them that. I might take a picture of final product but to be honest I rarely do. I usually take a picture of the child during the process of the activity and annotate it. A lot of my 'art work' is on A3 paper or 3D, which wouldn't fit into the LJs! I might take a photo of something they have made with the blocks or lego, as they too are works of art.

PixiePetal
20-08-2012, 05:46 PM
I take photos of art work to put in the LJs as the children do like to take their masterpieces home. And it means I've got pictures of all sorts of things they've made - playdough shapes, junk modelling, collages that aren't flat, things that are too big for a folder etc.

The children I look after all want to take their work home on the day they've done it. I don't think it means much to them for it to be put in a folder. As they're young, they probably wouldn't realise it was theirs.

When we're doing displays I will get them to do 2 copies of whatever. It means they have one to take home & one to put on the wall.

exactly the same with me :thumbsup:

my choice of how to do the LJ and until we have a set way to do it I will continue that way - so that will be it for the foreseeable future then :D

blue bear
20-08-2012, 05:49 PM
Mine tend to do several so I keep one for the lj or I photograph it. I've even had children take art work home and mum Return it to go in the lj to keep everything together. Older children often tell me before they even start, this is going to be for my lj.

karen m
20-08-2012, 05:55 PM
I take pictures on pogo of art work or lo actually doing art work they go in lj works of art go home, sorry i could not keep all lo artwork here, keep maybe 1 or 2 a month and put in a scrap book

AliceK
20-08-2012, 06:11 PM
Sometimes I take a photo of the finished art, sometimes I photocopy it to go in their LJ's. Usually originals go home unless the child has done lots that day in which case I might keep 1 to put in there.

xxx

Mollymop
20-08-2012, 07:41 PM
They take them home and put them in LJ, depends what it is. I like to do observations and assessments on the back of art work as well so best to keep them in their folders

jumpinjen
20-08-2012, 07:42 PM
For the ones that are old enough, I ask them if i may put it in their LJ or whether they want to take it home and we put it in there together with a label about what it is, how they made it etc etc. They have access to their LJs whenever they want to and love to talk about the things in it. The littler ones aren't so bothered wither way so I put some in, photograph the 3D things and some goes home!

Jen x

Velleity
20-08-2012, 07:42 PM
I've been sticking mine in because mum just screws it up into the change bag and I find it there again next week :(

bunyip
20-08-2012, 08:04 PM
I often wonder how much of the artwork we send ome goes straight in the families' recycling bins. :(

I suspect the lo's have a better chance of proudly enjoying their creations if they're stuck to our (CMs') walls?