PDA

View Full Version : Aarrgghh what will I do?!

smurfette
20-08-2012, 04:10 PM
Please help have got myself in a pickle!!!

Have a space coming up and am currently seeing people to fill it.

A few weeks ago had a lovely chat with a very nice woman who wanted a part time space for her lo aged 10 months. Her hours are only about ten a week and at the time I thought it might fit ok with something else I had In the pipeline and told her so.. But she didn't know what hours she wanted and as she was due for a September start date I figured the job had fallen through or she had gone elsewhere. Meanwhile I have seen some other people, one of which went really really well and I am really hoping for .. Mum is to come back to me today or tomorrow to tell me what work says she is hoping to get a four day week as I am shut Mondays. I saw her Friday

Meanwhile woman a has been on phone and left message saying she has got her hours and can we meet to firm up? What do I tell her? The space isnt gone yet nothing is in the bag but I can't do both and I guess don't want to block the ill time space with part time hours I will have trouble filling around .. Need to call her back heelllpppp!!

wendywu
20-08-2012, 04:16 PM
Phone the other full time mum and explain the situation. Say sorry for chasing her but you have someone else putting pressure on you for the place.

Or do not phone the other mum back yet, she is not to know if you are away or not .:)

Velleity
20-08-2012, 04:22 PM
I'd definitely phone the full-time Mum and explain that someone else is asking for the space but you want to give her the first option.

blue bear
20-08-2012, 04:22 PM
Waiting one more day to hear back from four day mum won't hurt, it's not as if sept mum hurried back to you.

smurfette
20-08-2012, 04:31 PM
:blush: she actually first phoned friday when they were here and dh said leave her over weekend we could be away , today she was all kind of 'just ringing to see if everything ok' bit irate I think but as you say she didn't pressurise work o tell her hours .... Trouble is I think she feels space is hers because I said in theory the hours were workable (sample she gave me) but she hasn't even mete
Yet!

~Grasshopper~
20-08-2012, 04:51 PM
hi

i wouldnt do anything, wait until full timer gets back to you hun. you must look out for yourself and its first mums fault for not getting back to you.

x

smurfette
20-08-2012, 05:39 PM
Just feel bad leaving here hanging when I probably won't be able to take Lo....

mushpea
20-08-2012, 08:36 PM
I would ring her and be honest, explain the situation to her,, tell her as you didnt hear from her for a while you assumed she had sorted childcare and as such you now have another lady coming to see you wanting full time hours, tell her once this lady has been and you have found out exactly what days she wants you will then ring her back and let her know ifyou can still help.

Goatgirl
20-08-2012, 08:49 PM
I would ring her and be honest, explain the situation to her,, tell her as you didnt hear from her for a while you assumed she had sorted childcare and as such you now have another lady coming to see you wanting full time hours, tell her once this lady has been and you have found out exactly what days she wants you will then ring her back and let her know ifyou can still help.

I'd do this too. Don't feel bad, you are running a business after all and we can't keep hours free indefinitely :).

Good luck, hope it works out for you :thumbsup:

miffy
20-08-2012, 09:10 PM

The trouble with this is, she MIT take the hump and then if the other lady doesn't come back to you you've lost both lots of work :(

I'd wait another day and see if the full timer gets back to you.

Miffy xx

smurfette
21-08-2012, 04:07 PM
Thanks all .,,rang part time
Mum said things had changed didn't know if I would have the hours and would get back to her tonight. Got full
Time mum and she wants me! Doesn't know if she wi
Get Mondays off is the problem .,, but wants me!

Meanwhile had couple other enquiries said I would let them know tonight (cos thought I would know) so I guess I tell
Them space is gone?