PDA

View Full Version : advice needed

windles
20-08-2012, 03:37 PM
I have taken on a new mindee she is 2 years old and we are on her 7th day she has been in a nursery since 3 months. The morning drop off is a problem for the parents mindee is screaming and shouting she dosent want to come and the minute she is dropped off and the parents are gone she is fine. I have not long had a text from mum asking how she was when I told her that she had settled really quickly this morning it was like she didn't believe me. I have offered to send her a picture every morning after drop off to put their mind at rest but mum is making me feel like im doing something wrong.
Any advice would be helpful.:)

AliceK
20-08-2012, 03:50 PM
I had the same thing with a 2yr old. I would tell mum that 2 mins after she had gone LO was fine. One day I suggested mum just wait outside the lounge window and listen. She did and so heard that her DD settled really quickly and that was that. Could mum perhaps do something like that. Hang about near the house for a few minutes but not so mindee can see her just so that she can listen and see for herself?

xxx

blue bear
20-08-2012, 03:56 PM
I'm sure someone posted n here that mum Would ring minder during drop off and stayed on The line until lo had settled so she could go off to work knowing things were fine.

suekibey
20-08-2012, 04:06 PM
Hi when this has happened in the past,I try to get the child to wave at the window,with happy face1 lol,this then reassures mum dd is ok.

BucksCM
20-08-2012, 04:22 PM
I had the same thing with a 2yr old. I would tell mum that 2 mins after she had gone LO was fine. One day I suggested mum just wait outside the lounge window and listen. She did and so heard that her DD settled really quickly and that was that. Could mum perhaps do something like that. Hang about near the house for a few minutes but not so mindee can see her just so that she can listen and see for herself?

xxx

I've done this too!:D
Opened a window and asked the mum to stay out of sight and just listen.

caz3007
20-08-2012, 04:52 PM
I have had similar and parents have been ok that they have settled, but if they hadnt, they can stand round the corner of my porch and would be able to hear.

My DD was awful at nursery, and I used to stand just outside the door until she stopped screaming, didnt stand there for more than a minute or two :laughing: