PDA

View Full Version : I may be wrong but....

melco
20-08-2012, 03:18 PM
I have a lo i look after who is 9 months and when he comes when its hot like today he has a vest, shorts and t-shirt. on He doesn't seem bothered or get over heated but today his drink leaked so I had to change his clothes. Am I wrong to just put him in shorts and t-shirt. I just don't want parents to be upset with me but I think its too hot.

Let me know what you think. I have 25mins to put a vest on if needed!

melco

Zoomie
20-08-2012, 03:22 PM
Leave the vest off and if anything is said, just say it was hot

marnieb
20-08-2012, 04:50 PM
if its nearly home time then I wouldn't bother.

But then I seem to have some great laid back parents who don't bat an eyelid when they collect & child is running round in just their nappy!!! :laughing:

Mouse
20-08-2012, 04:54 PM
But then I seem to have some great laid back parents who don't bat an eyelid when they collect & child is running round in just their nappy!!! :laughing:

Same here!

It's must be a stuggle for parents to know what to dress their children in when the weather is like this. This morning it was cold, dark & raining at drop off, but by lunchtime the sun was out & it was boiling.

My parents are all very good. They send a selection of clothes and leave it up to me to decide what to put the children in.

Bear23
20-08-2012, 04:56 PM
mine was in his nappy when parents arrived, poor kid was roasting :)

BucksCM
20-08-2012, 05:01 PM
Babies don't regulate their temp. like we do by sweating so we need to do it for them. If you think he's too hot and got too many layers then do what you think it right.:thumbsup:

gegele
20-08-2012, 05:06 PM
when i had babies i use to leave them in just a vest. it's not too hot and they're covered enough, it covers the nappie so no need for short :D

clareelizabeth1
20-08-2012, 07:16 PM
My parents are all laid back and I don't think half even remember what they dress them in in the morning. I change them depending on the weather all the time it would be neglect if I didn't. I have even done a day in winter where they all stayed in the fleecy pjs they arrived in as it was so cold and snowing. All there other clothes looked so flimsy in comparison.

samb
20-08-2012, 08:04 PM
I have 2 brothers that come with vests all year round - I take them off and put in bag :blush: parent never comments. When they are sweating and red I am not sure why parents would think a vest is a good idea!