PDA

View Full Version : Bike and seat

kel1983
20-08-2012, 12:54 PM
I dont drive so to get anywhere I have to wait for my mum to be available or walk everywhere.

I was wondering if anyone used a bike with seat on the back for lo's. It will be nice to go a little further up the cycle paths and out of town.

I hate going on the busy roads and we have a cycle path literally from our road.

Are we allowed to take mindees on them. I would obviously get writtern permission from parents and a policy, ra etc.

blue bear
20-08-2012, 02:59 PM
I would check with Insurers, firstly to see if you are covered and also what permissions you would need in place.

mushpea
20-08-2012, 04:36 PM
or how about one of those trailors for the bikes, then if you get another child you will have two seats

kel1983
20-08-2012, 05:07 PM
I dont really like the bike trailer. A seat on the back of the bike will be so much easier to use

clareelizabeth1
20-08-2012, 07:12 PM
The only thing I don't like about the seat on the back is I've seen so many people cycling like there is no child on the seat and their head is shaking up and down and looks so painful but then other parents remember they have a child and cycle slower to lesson the bumps. My SIL has a big box on the front on her bike which can take four children. It's amazing can even put a car seat in it for those to young to sit on the bench. Also great for a lift back from the pub late at night like her own mini taxie service.