PDA

View Full Version : mindees favourite toys?

primula
20-08-2012, 09:31 AM
What are your 1yr-2yr mindees favourite toys??? I have over the last few months 'got rid' of several toys because they were never played with!! like alot of vtech stuff! mine like the dolls and buggies etc big time! then there is the remote controls, mobile phones, keys, balls etc. I ask this question because i was considering buying a vtech discovery tree but as it is so big ( no playroom) and storage is a problem! I am wondering if its worth it! I end up giving them 'things to put things' messy stuff!! How many toys are actually played for what they were designed for??

kellib
20-08-2012, 09:36 AM
All my mindees in that age range love to play with my son's old cars and trains, they've ignored the vtech stuff for months!!

Mouse
20-08-2012, 10:21 AM
I have very few VTech type toys and I don't think the mindees ever miss them.

Our favourites at the moment for that age are toy cars, play cooker & food, building blocks, Happyland, treasure basket, jigsaws & books.

They also love the basket of old mobile phones, the old house phones, calculators, old TV remotes, old computer keyboards, sets of keys on keyrings.

hectors house
20-08-2012, 11:42 AM
If you recently got rid of vtech type toys I would probably not buy another different vtech toy. I wish I had taken my own advice when the 3 year olds didn't play much with the small pop up tents, I decided they didn't play with them because they were small and bought instead an adult 2 man pop up tent - but they don't play with that either - obviously not Den sort of kids!

My 1-2 year olds like Primo duplo, treasure baskets and role play toys, little tikes vehicles - and standing up by the booster seats fiddling with the straps!

Kimmy050983
20-08-2012, 11:57 AM
Both mindees now 21 months but had one of them since 6 months old :

favourites were and are:

buggy and doll
play kitchen and play food
train set
cars and garage
blocks
stuffed animals
pop up tent and tunnel
DUPLO
books
wooden toy telephone
music instruments
animals (wooden and little people)
jigsaws

crayons
play dough
painting
water play
sand play

non toys like

wooden pegs,
treasure basket
pots and pans
tupperware boxes etc

I have NEVEr had any vtech toys and will never do as in my experience they never really get played with for long anyway.

Kimmy050983
20-08-2012, 11:59 AM
and standing up by the booster seats fiddling with the straps!

That's sooo funny, both my mindees do this lots too :laughing:

primula
20-08-2012, 12:57 PM
Hectors house, the same here! my now almost 2 1/2 year old mindee does all the clips on every single buggy she can get her hands on!! take the point re vtech and the pop up tent, same here, seems like a good idea at the time! 14 mths mindee today has enjoyed throwing things over the baby gate!! they are so funny arent they?! going to have a toy review I think!

jadavi
20-08-2012, 02:19 PM
I heard today that vtech doent treat their workers well...dont know what truth there is there but thought Id put it out there...
My fave thing is a water table I made and found a fountain that recycles water out of a tap. They stand there all day filling and pouring.

Buttonsjan
20-08-2012, 08:43 PM
Jadavi, that water fountain/table sounds great, might need a photo :)

primula
20-08-2012, 08:58 PM
Jadavi, that water fountain/table sounds great, might need a photo :)

I agree! would be very interested to see it too! Did you make it, or was it from a garden centre?

jadavi
21-08-2012, 06:17 AM
All it is is a small pump that circulates the water. The tap feature is just the design of the pump I bought at a car boot. It is the third one I've tried. You have to be really careful they are safe and sealed electrics etc. We had a friend who's a registered electrician who gave it the ok before we used it. (we bought one on eBay which was lethal)
I put it on a regular water/ sand table - mine is a square divided diagonally so it fits nicely and the lead is hidden by equipment behind it and just keep it topped up with water standing in a tray. Have a towel around it to mop up spills. Prefer not to do a pic as dont want to be identified by parents on here.

jadavi
21-08-2012, 06:33 AM
All it is is a small pump that circulates the water. The tap feature is just the design of the pump I bought at a car boot. It is the third one I've tried. You have to be really careful they are safe and sealed electrics etc. We had a friend who's a registered electrician who gave it the ok before we used it. (we bought one on eBay which was lethal)
I put it on a regular water/ sand table - mine is a square divided diagonally so it fits nicely and the lead is hidden by equipment behind it and just keep it topped up with water standing in a tray. Have a towel around it to mop up spills. Prefer not to do a pic as dont want to be identified by parents on here.