PDA

View Full Version : Online contacts

bunyip
19-08-2012, 11:39 AM
Looking for a little help.

I'd like to advertise my services and make contact with parents looking for a CM in my area. I use all the usual shop windows, local families directory, children's centre, other EY settings, etc. but realise a lot of people may search online. I already use the free entries on cc.co.uk and ******, but they've not generated much interest. So I'd like to spread the net a little, but can't afford to throw any money at this.

Someone suggested I should try:_

Netmums
Gumtree
care .com

Does anyone have any experience of these. Do I need to register, and how straightforward is it?

I was told that Netmums simply duplicate the entries from FIS listings, but this doesn't seem to be the case.

Can anyone advise, please? :confused:

jumpinjen
19-08-2012, 11:51 AM
I looked for online business directories that were free to join and added my details to them..... I have had lots of calls and e-mails from them over the last few years, as parents often go to google first when they are looking for childcare.... yell.com is the biggest...... netmums childcare board has thrown me some calls and business too.... you can also contact parents yourself through there that advertise they want care. Hope that helps, Jen x

bunyip
19-08-2012, 12:38 PM
Thanks Jen, that's lovely.:)

Looks like I need to spend some time trawling my way through the registration pages. Hope it's straightforward.

Mouse
19-08-2012, 12:53 PM
I get quite a few calls through yell .com, but they're normally people trying to sell me things, or sign me up for training :angry:

Registering on Netmums is very easy. You put your own advert on, but I'm not sure how long it stays on. I've got a feeling they've started removing them after a while. I've got a few enquires through there and have replied to parents who have put ads on saying they were looking for a cm.

bunyip
19-08-2012, 12:55 PM
Thanks for the tips, Mouse. :thumbsup:

jumpinjen
19-08-2012, 03:19 PM
I get quite a few calls through yell.com, but they're normally people trying to sell me things, or sign me up for training :angry:

Registering on Netmums is very easy. You put your own advert on, but I'm not sure how long it stays on. I've got a feeling they've started removing them after a while. I've got a few enquires through there and have replied to parents who have put ads on saying they were looking for a cm.

Your advert expires after a month but they do email you to tell you and your next advert is then at the top of the list - I copy and paste mine! Although I haven't advertised on their for ages as it is saturated with new minders offering more than I'm prepared to, to try and get business.... I do check regularly and e-mail parents though...

I've had yell.com trying to sell me a premium listing but I just say no thanks!

Jen x

bunyip
19-08-2012, 04:12 PM
I get cold-called by everyone from Thompson Local to the people who print the local police calendar, all wanting to sell me advertising.

I simply tell them that my advertising budget for any one source is £6 a year: what can they offer me for £6 ?

Their response = :eeeek:

If the lovely lady who prints 3 editions each year of my local families directory can do it for £6, then big companies like Yell and Google can.

jumpinjen
19-08-2012, 04:22 PM
I get cold-called by everyone from Thompson Local to the people who print the local police calendar, all wanting to sell me advertising.

I simply tell them that my advertising budget for any one source is £6 a year: what can they offer me for £6 ?

Their response = :eeeek:

If the lovely lady who prints 3 editions each year of my local families directory can do it for £6, then big companies like Yell and Google can.

:laughing::laughing: I like it!

mum24
19-08-2012, 04:23 PM
:laughing::clapping:

loocyloo
19-08-2012, 07:44 PM
i have a free ad on viva street. i've had a couple of calls through there. they email me every few days to renew the listing! they try to get you to pay, but you don't have to!

i also have a free ad on hot frog.

there is also 'emergency childcare' i'm listed there, and before i moved, used to get occasional calls for 'one off' care.

i think nannyjob have a free childminder listing ( i don't pay anyway! )

i just googled my area & childminder and signed up/listed myself anywhere i could!

have fun!