PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got a Renault Grand Scenic?

sophia36
19-08-2012, 08:58 AM
Some of you may have seen my post last week about my car being written off by a HUGE tractor. We had a vauxhall Zafira which was great. We managed to get a very good price from the insurance company for our car as it was in good condition and had very low mileage 41,000 for a 56 plate. Unfortunately we are really struggling to find a Zafira for the money that hasn't got very high mileage.

Anyway we have seen and test driven a 55 plate Renault Grand scenic 1.9 diesel which we like. I wanted to ask anyone that has a grand scenic what they think, any major pros/cons etc and how good they are for childminding.

I'm feeling a little nervous about commiting to buy!

Thanks guys:thumbsup:

christine e
19-08-2012, 09:51 AM
I have a 10 plate and really love mine - think it has slightly more boot space than the Zaffira and I found it easier to get in and out of the third row as the second row fold upright (in 2 stages). Mine not very economical on petrol but then you are considering a diesel. Mine has an automatic handbrake and a push start ignition

Cx

desiderata
19-08-2012, 10:10 AM
I have an 06 plate I have had since new and I totally love it xx I have read many bad reports on here and am sure you will get some posted but I can only speak as I find. I have never had a days trouble with it , it is the 1.9dci diesel and the children love it too. when I have six seats in use I can still get my mothercare urban detour in the boot. when I have 5 seats up I can get in my Baby Jogger Elite double. . xx good luck x

eddie
19-08-2012, 12:01 PM
I have a 55 plate and love it.The seats are easy to put up and down, lots of hidey holes and drawers for all those essential bits and bobs and the car seats fit nicely. Good choice!

And I love the automatic handbrake! Although I do try to pull off in hubbys car forgetting his doesn't have one....

christine e
19-08-2012, 01:13 PM
I have a 55 plate and love it.The seats are easy to put up and down, lots of hidey holes and drawers for all those essential bits and bobs and the car seats fit nicely. Good choice!

And I love the automatic handbrake! Although I do try to pull off in hubbys car forgetting his doesn't have one....

Oh I forgot about the hidey holes - I still keeping finding new ones:blush:

sophia36
19-08-2012, 04:18 PM
Thanks for the advice guys:thumbsup::thumbsup:

ajs
19-08-2012, 06:08 PM
I have an 05 scenic and love it too. There does seem to be more room in them then a zafira

I would definately replace mine with another scenic if nothing happened to mine

Two Princesses
19-08-2012, 08:52 PM
I have a 55 plate too and it's great for the job it needs to do! Mine is a petrol and isn't too bad on fuel (I don't use mine an awful lot though as we walk mostly) but expensive on Tax (£250 a year). Oh and breaks are expensive too :(
When all the seats are up I can get a double (umbrella fold) buggy in the boot. On the the middle row of seats you can get 2 baby seats (I have 2 maxi cosi tobi's) and a high back booster at a squeeze. It's a bit fiddly to get the belts done up but they do fit. When it's only 5 seats the boot is HUGE and I can get my P&T and my single maclaren in there.
There are lots of hidey hole but no ashtray in mine. I don't smoke but I have nowhere to put car park change!! Oh and the cup holders are pants and don't hold a cup properly :p
The automatic handbreak is great as is the push button start. :thumbsup:
We went to a big car land thing to test all the 7 seaters and this was the one I found to suit my needs. We then went out and bought a private sale one for half the cost of the same reg & mileage Zafira :cool:

LauraS
19-08-2012, 09:34 PM
We have a 55 plate but wouldn't buy the same again given the chance, we have been unlucky in having virtually every common fault, some multiple times. We have has three dashboard failures (£600 a pop), an ignition/key failure which resulted in us having to have the blooming car craned off the drive it couldn't be towed off (drive at a funny angle) and various other stuff.

Having said that, we've been unlucky, but it's a great car when it moves ;):D. It's got lots of room and the boot is great.

We're looking at a Landrover Defender or a Mercedes Viano next.

ajs
20-08-2012, 06:10 AM
We have a 55 plate but wouldn't buy the same again given the chance, we have been unlucky in having virtually every common fault, some multiple times. We have has three dashboard failures (£600 a pop), an ignition/key failure which resulted in us having to have the blooming car craned off the drive it couldn't be towed off (drive at a funny angle) and various other stuff.

Having said that, we've been unlucky, but it's a great car when it moves ;):D. It's got lots of room and the boot is great.

We'relooking at a Landrover Defender or a Mercedes Viano next.

Were you not told by Renault that the dashboard fault would be repaired for £100. It's a known fault and they've admitted liability you just pay labour to a Renault garage.