PDA

View Full Version : another question

Helen Dempster
18-08-2012, 03:37 PM
as I said previously, I have a mindee who's about to drop her days from 3 to 1due to going to pre-school. Do I/her parents have to give over her LJ to the pre-school on her initial day, and if I do so, what are the chances of me getting it back?! I won't speak to or see the pre-school staff myself as it's too far (hence me not being able to have her on those days anymore).

I just wondered what you all do?

sarah707
18-08-2012, 04:06 PM
I would keep the LJ and give parents a note to hand over to the new setting which includes a request to share information (a must do in the revised EYFS even if you don't see them) and a short summary of the child's likes, dislikes, interests, achievements etc.

Hth :D

blue bear
18-08-2012, 06:28 PM
I would do as Sarah suggests and if you hear nothing give them a ring and introduce yourself verbally often works better than being totally anonymous in a letter.

bunyip
18-08-2012, 06:57 PM
You could:-

Photocopy the LJ for preschool.
Speak to the key worker, so they understand you'd like to lend it (and get it back).
Get an appointment to talk it over, so you never actually let go of the LJ.
Ask if they have a preferred format for a child's 'starting point' (most settings in our county use a standard "all about me" proforma.)