PDA

View Full Version : 2 year old funding

primula
18-08-2012, 11:53 AM
Hi All,
Had a parent tell me that she has applied for the funding for her 2 year old (in Dec) Parent has 'asked' if funding can go to childminder(me!).. I dont have any idea what is involved and to be honest not to sure if I want to do it! I am not particularly overjoyed at the paperwork we have to do now:blush:, so can any kind person please advise what is involved and are you happy to provided it?? My L.A are using childminders aswell as nurseries for the funding, so that is already in place, just wondered what hoops you have to jump through to get the same fees!! All opinions welcome! Thanks.

blue bear
18-08-2012, 12:13 PM
It really depends on where you live, the la's seem to have their own view on requirements. Contact the la and ask.

sarah707
18-08-2012, 02:56 PM
Cheshire East hoops weren't so bad... but some areas make it really difficult.

Best check with your local people :D

primula
18-08-2012, 04:33 PM
thanks both! I did email early years at the L.A and they said it would involve an quality assurance something? Is it the same as being accredited? because they also said that I can offer funded places to 3/4 year olds?? thanks.

watgem
18-08-2012, 04:37 PM
you have to be accredited to offer any of the funding in somerset, seems to vary depending on where you live

Wheelybug
18-08-2012, 04:38 PM
In Hampshire we had to complete a different quality assurance form from the 3/4 year old funding.

Cathy
www.pre-schoolplay.blogspot.com