PDA

View Full Version : I fear I may ask lots of Qs today...

Helen Dempster
18-08-2012, 10:41 AM
I'm finally getting round to my very overdue paperwork - I'm so behind, it's going to take forever to catch up. My DH has taken my two DS's to a party today so I can have the place to myself and a bit of peace and quiet so I can get on.

Anyway, my first question is - I have a mindee (3 today :)) who is about to start at pre-school. I usually have her Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, but unfortunately the days she's at pre-school are the Mons and Weds so will only be coming here on a Friday from September. Do I still need to do all the relevant assessments/development checks/LJs etc for her seeing as she'll only be here one day a week?

Thanks guys n gals

moggy
18-08-2012, 10:49 AM
Yes, but it is in relation to the hours she spend with you. I have a 1-day a week child and I find I do only 1 or 2 obs a month but still do a termly review with parents as I can still talk about her progress and next steps even though I don't have her so much. I do scale down the next steps activities planning, though, as I just can't fit in that many activities when I only have her 8hrs a week (and she sleeps 2 of those and on school runs for another 1 of those hours!)

sarah707
18-08-2012, 12:41 PM
Good answer ^^ :D

hectors house
18-08-2012, 05:37 PM
Yes, but it is in relation to the hours she spend with you. I have a 1-day a week child and I find I do only 1 or 2 obs a month but still do a termly review with parents as I can still talk about her progress and next steps even though I don't have her so much. I do scale down the next steps activities planning, though, as I just can't fit in that many activities when I only have her 8hrs a week (and she sleeps 2 of those and on school runs for another 1 of those hours!)

No wonder I struggle so much to keep up to date with observations, I have 7 different children (under 5) over 4 days and 3 of them only come one day a week - I try to still do a weekly observation - so 7 observations a week!