PDA

View Full Version : Medicine/accident book? (me again)

BlondeMoment
17-08-2012, 05:41 PM
Me again....sorry I'm full of questions at the moment

I've been buying the NCMA accident/incident folder. It's bulky, expensive and isn't working well for me.
Do any of you have another way of recording accidents and medicines etc?
Could I simply just write each accident or each time someone has medicine in one book?
What do you all do?

sarah707
17-08-2012, 05:49 PM
I have individual sheets which are filed in each child's personal folder once completed, signed and photocopied for parents :D

AliceK
17-08-2012, 05:56 PM
I have individual sheets which are filed in each child's personal folder once completed, signed and photocopied for parents :D

I do this too. I use MM ones. I have an accident / incident sheet. Then also a medication sheet. Once myself and parent has signed the sheet it's filed in the childs folder.

xxx

rickysmiths
17-08-2012, 06:15 PM
No sorry I have always used the NCMA Folder and love it. :thumbsup:

JCrakers
17-08-2012, 06:41 PM
I do all my own paperwork because I didn't want to pay for something I could quite easily do myself.

I have a sheet of paper a4sized that I split in two. 1 copy for me, 1 for parent.
I have an incident /accident one, medication to take one, medication given. One for an injury that child has before coming to mine.

Mollymop
17-08-2012, 06:53 PM

I do this when I run out of NCMA accident forms and awaiting delivery!

sarah707
17-08-2012, 07:26 PM
Don't forget guys - in the wording of the revised EYFS it's accident and injury NOT incident :D

bunyip
17-08-2012, 08:23 PM
I use the NCMA forms.

OTOH, our local preschool uses a simple duplicate book with a sheet of carbon paper (not unlike a receipt pad.)

Ofsted were quite happy with both. Surely it's not the format that counts, it's the information you put in, together with how it is shared, used and stored.

miffy
17-08-2012, 08:34 PM
Don't forget guys - in the wording of the revised EYFS it's accident and injury NOT incident :D

Thanks for that Sarah - another little amendment to make! :rolleyes:

Miffy xx

mumof4
17-08-2012, 08:43 PM
I use the ncma ones but find them a pain to keep in the folder so im transferring them to a home-made one. I think because im insured with ncma i need to use theirs or i would make my own :)

BlondeMoment
18-08-2012, 09:04 AM
I use the ncma ones but find them a pain to keep in the folder so im transferring them to a home-made one. I think because im insured with ncma i need to use theirs or i would make my own :)

I'm pretty sure the only thing you have to use through NCMA if you're insured through them is the contracts.
I'm insured through NCMA too and I don't use all of their stuff. Just a few bits. I'm slowly starting to replace it all with my own as it's so expensive