PDA

View Full Version : Have any of you done full weekends?

lynnfi
17-08-2012, 04:19 PM
I have had an inquiry to work with 15 mth old all weekends, one from 9 to 5 and the rest from 10 to 3 or 4pm.
I have only done one Saturday in my life, so not much experience.
I work full time during the week, but over 4 days so have 1 day off anyway.

Any experience on this please ladies?
I wouldn't want to overdo it, but would earn sth like £ 460 / month... So difficult to say no. But I have to keep my sanity as well.

Any thoughts appreciated!:)

childminder54
17-08-2012, 05:03 PM
I do Saturdays have 3 and sometime do sundays

rickysmiths
17-08-2012, 05:10 PM
I have worked Sat and Sun since May. 11-3 Sat 9.30-2 Sun and I am about to take on a second on Sat from 8.30 to 3. I work the other five days as well though up to now since March I have only had one or two in the week.

It is hard work but when work is slow needs must.

karen m
17-08-2012, 05:43 PM
I have worked 8-4.30 on Saturdays, child now moved to new town but i would consider full weekends .

tulip0803
17-08-2012, 05:47 PM
I have worked Sat & Sun for 2 years now - only have the one child and she has been with us from 8m - she just slots into what the family are doing. I also work all week and have been doing 7 days for 9 months now. Again work is slow here so you do what you can. Sometimes I feel drained but most of the time I am fine

lynnfi
17-08-2012, 06:09 PM
Thank you for this, it cheers me up to know I wouldn't be the only one :).
I might try. Yet I have seen the parents and not the child so might be good to see her before I give definite answer...

Do you think I could fairly ask for a month trial to see how it gets along, or would that be unfair to child and parents...

Angela234
17-08-2012, 06:14 PM
I have only done Sat am and was glad when that finished

lynnfi
17-08-2012, 06:17 PM
I have only done Sat am and was glad when that finished

Hmmmmmm... I can pisture myself there:rolleyes:

linda2girls
17-08-2012, 07:43 PM
Definitely ask for a 4 week trial and see how you get on.

Personally, there is no way I could do it, but I have twin daughters of my own and they need family time.

Linda.

silvermist
17-08-2012, 07:49 PM
I only do a saturday morning for parents if the need arises. I would definately ask for a four week trial that way you can change your mind if you want to. Hth xx

marnieb
17-08-2012, 09:08 PM
If you have our own lo's ( under 8 or thereabouts ) , then I'd say no.

I work till 6.15 almost every day, and on the odd occasion when I've been asked to work a Saturday its not the mindee that is the problem, but my own kids....... :(

lorettacritchet
18-08-2012, 07:11 AM
Completely agree. I had to take on weekend working too when I first started. It's hard work especially when you feel like you aren't spending enough time with your daughter/son and husband as it is. I used to work 10 to 7 both days and it got so tiring in the end. Rickysmiths times are fairly decent considering!

QUOTE=rickysmiths;1144245]I have worked Sat and Sun since May. 11-3 Sat 9.30-2 Sun and I am about to take on a second on Sat from 8.30 to 3. I work the other five days as well though up to now since March I have only had one or two in the week.

It is hard work but when work is slow needs must.[/QUOTE]

lynnfi
18-08-2012, 09:26 AM
Yes, I have 2 children 4 and 7. My hours during the week are 7 to 7/ 8pm. So 9-5 would be a short day comparatively :laughing:

I would like to see how my children respond to this, and if after a month I see it is not okay, then I will drop it.

May be I could state that the child will have to follow whatever we do and get their consent. So if I have to do some shoping, or want to go swimming etc, they will have to agree.
Otherwise there is no time left for me to do these. Also if I have to work on paperwork for 2 hours while the children play, then I WILL have to be able to do so...