PDA

View Full Version : Which printers and inks to use?

Starfish007
17-08-2012, 03:11 PM
Hi All, over the past couple of years I've purchased 2 Epson printers, using the Epson inks that came with them then purchasing cheap copies from Asda or online. The copies seem to work once or twice but then the printer wont accept them.

I can't face paying £80 for a set of Epson prints, I may as well buy a new printer! What does everyone else do? Which printers/inks do you use? x

Starfish007
17-08-2012, 03:17 PM
Meant to say £40 not £80 x

PixiePetal
17-08-2012, 04:01 PM
I have a Lexmark and hate it! can only get the ink from PC world and sometimes Amazon - tried cheap refills but they were useless and still hard to find number 2 & 3. Costs me a bomb!

good luck - I will be replacing mine soon so will watch the thread:rolleyes::rolleyes:

funemnx
17-08-2012, 04:06 PM
We've got 2 Epsom printers and buy the ink from 7dayshop which is quite cheap - seems to work fine! :thumbsup:

Jayse74
17-08-2012, 07:58 PM
We have a Kodak ESP printer (combined printer & scanner). The inks cost £19 for both black & colour. So far, touch wood it has been a very good bit of kit, really pleased with it. Initial cost of buying it was a bit expensive at £120 odd but this was 2years ago and afaik kodak have brought out a better model now.

Now compare that to some Epsons we had, well the carts were coming out at £60 odd and every epson we have ever seen has a bad habit of constantly cleaning its heads which use the ink, then you end up running out sooner and have to buy more carts :(

We were then tempted by re-filled carts which killed them off! If it werent for kodak then we would be stuck imho.

Starfish007
17-08-2012, 08:06 PM
I'm just spending sometime looking at prices online, will let you know how I get on. Think it may be worth buying proper inks in the long run, just wish it didnt cost so much x

sarah707
17-08-2012, 08:46 PM
Kodak - the print quality is good and the inks are really well priced - shop around I find play.com usually the cheapest :D

bunyip
17-08-2012, 08:58 PM
I used to have a continuous ink printer from http://continuink.co.uk/business.html

It worked well and cost a pittance to run.

I had it for years, until it finally gave out.

Mrs bunyip then insisted on an HP, which now costs me a fortune in ink. Really wish I had my old one back, as I print so many pictures and resources now I'm minding. :(

sarah707
17-08-2012, 09:03 PM
I used to have a continuous ink printer from http://continuink.co.uk/business.html

It worked well and cost a pittance to run.

I had it for years, until it finally gave out.

Mrs bunyip then insisted on an HP, which now costs me a fortune in ink. Really wish I had my old one back, as I print so many pictures and resources now I'm minding. :(

Have you thought of a pogo printer for childminding photos?

They are a perfect size for sticking in learning journeys and really cheap...

Then mrs bunyip could just use the veeeeery expensive HP (I used to have one and the inks were dreadful prices :eek:) for family photos :D

bunyip
17-08-2012, 09:08 PM
Thanks for that Sarah. I'll keep an eye out. :thumbsup:

LauraS
17-08-2012, 09:14 PM
We have a WIFI Kodak Hero. The print quality is great and the cartridges are really cheap http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kodak-Black-Ink-Cartridge-cartridge/dp/B004L9KZNI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1345237621&sr=8-1 this one is showing as £10.92 to print 770 sheets on average but I bought a couple of the same for £7 delivered a little while ago.

It's great for photos, they have an app for android phones so you can send any pics taken with your phone in a couple of clicks wirelessly.

I had a hp before which I killed by buying the refurbed cartridges because I couldn't face paying £35 for a set which would last about three weeks, or having a printer that the kids were banned from using due to the expense.

deb thompson
17-08-2012, 09:26 PM
I got a new Epson printer the other day (on offer in Tesco) and I think a set of iinks was £20 for their own or about £16 for tesco version and they were on 3 for 2. I've just throw my HP (only 8 months old) out of the window (not really but you get the idea) as it drove me mad!! I had to re install the printer every time I wanted to print anything and it would only print the last page of whatever I was printing and the inks weren't cheap at all!! To be honest i think they're all a nightmare and resign myself to replacing them every 12 months!!
good luck xx

Demonjill
17-08-2012, 09:35 PM
Kodak hero:thumbsup:

Cheap ink it lasts me a while and I print lots of colour in sheets,puzzle pages etc as well as my updated paperwork for looming inspection.

Very easy to use and can print from my phone etc. it's wifi too so so easy compared to my last printer where ink was way too expensive you just didn't want to print.

silvermist
17-08-2012, 09:48 PM
I use a Kodak ESP c310. It cost me £80 from Tescos in April. The ink cartridges are about £19 for colour and black pack. Good quality printing, easy to use, scanner/ photocopier and its set up for wi-fi so Im well chuffed. Hth x

kel1983
18-08-2012, 07:41 AM
We have a kodak pinter. Wireless and nks are very cheap.

Did also have a pogo printer but found we could just print off wllet size pics from the main printed and the quality it far better.

karen m
18-08-2012, 11:59 AM
Pogo for learning journal pictures ,HP for anything else, just got new black ink this morning from Asda for £9,Asda's own but compatible, colour one is £14

Starfish007
20-08-2012, 08:29 AM
Think I will go for a Kodak hero, just need to find the cheapest, thanks for feedback guys x