PDA

View Full Version : Late drop offs and early pick ups!

Tabi
17-08-2012, 10:37 AM
Hi everyone,
I have been childminding since May this year, and have recently had a new little girl Started last week. The problem I'm having is that the mum is not dropping off or picking her up at the contracted times that we agreed on. She is contracted, and has paid for 10-3 and so far the earliest she has dropped her off is 10:30! I know that it's perhaps not too much of a problem because I'm not working more than I've been paid for but I'm just sitting around waiting for her to get here without and idea of when it will be. Makes it difficult to plan things.
I'm just not sure what to say to her or to wait and see if it just improves as LO gets more used to me. She is only 10months so perhaps her mum is just wanting to do it gradually...
Advice and opinions welcome please thanks

Kiddleywinks
17-08-2012, 10:44 AM
Try talking to mum to see if that's what she's doing (she may be thinking she's being helpful)

Explain that you're trying to get into a routine that suits you and the children, and the not knowing if/when she's going to arrive isn't helping.

Then plan your activities as normal, and if you're out when she decides to turn up then she'll have to meet you wherever you are - she'll get the message

Mouse
17-08-2012, 11:56 AM
I have a lo contracted from 9.30am. I'm lucky if he arrives before 10.15, and it's often nearer 10.30am.

If I'm going out I tell mum where I will be & she has to drop lo off to me. If we're at home I just carry on doing whatever with the other children and slot the lo into the activity when they arrive.

It doesn't really bother me, but if you don't like it, speak to mum. Explain that you're not able to plan for her lo if you don't know what time she's coming, and you'd hate her to be missing out on the fun :thumbsup:

Tippy Toes
17-08-2012, 12:00 PM
A few of the little ones I have arrive a bit later than contracted. But I dont mind. If it is getting a bit to late I do text parents to find out if everything is ok. And i plan outings regardless. If parents are running late I send a text to let them now that ill be taking the little ones out at x time.