PDA

View Full Version : E100?

BuggsieMoo
17-08-2012, 10:35 AM
Hi All

I start my degree on the 6th October (thank you student finance England for coughing up the fees :laughing:)

The first year is E100 - early years.

I have been advised by a friend that this counts towards the Level 4, local NCMA said at the end of the year I get a certificate and ill hold a level 4......she thinks.

Please can someone advise if the E100 is a level 4, or a good step towards one? If it is a good step towards one, what else do I need to do?

Thanks all

Beetlejuice
17-08-2012, 12:18 PM
Successful completion of E100 will give you the Certificate in Early Years Practice which is indeed a level 4. I've just finished it myself! I'm doing the Foundation Degree in Early Years through the OU and about to start my second year.

Good luck with your studies!

B x

BuggsieMoo
17-08-2012, 12:42 PM
Successful completion of E100 will give you the Certificate in Early Years Practice which is indeed a level 4. I've just finished it myself! I'm doing the Foundation Degree in Early Years through the OU and about to start my second year.

Good luck with your studies!

B x

Im doing mine with OU as well - how do you find it? Im doing the childhood and youth studies BA Hons xx

Fab, ill have a level 4 then within the year (HOPEFULLY) XXX

Beetlejuice
17-08-2012, 12:48 PM
I do enjoy studying which helps but it is a BIG committment. My own children are 5 and 8 and I do find it hard sometimes to juggle work, children, home and study. What I have been able to do is keep one day a week free with no childminding so I have a study day - though many of my friends who work full time have managed to complete the course so it is doable.

I'm hoping mine will lead to the BA (Hons) in Early Years but that's a few years off yet lol!

Buzz Lightyear
19-08-2012, 02:23 PM
I'm hoping mine will lead to the BA (Hons) in Early Years but that's a few years off yet lol!

I'm the same as you Beetlejuice and also about to embark on E105 in October :thumbsup:

BuggsieMoo
19-08-2012, 03:10 PM
I'm the same as you Beetlejuice and also about to embark on E105 in October :thumbsup:

Good luck xxx