PDA

View Full Version : Parent's requirement.....

Kiddleywinks
17-08-2012, 08:59 AM
Advert on CC

'I am looking for childcare....'

Errr..... ok......

Bear23
17-08-2012, 09:00 AM
Advert on CC

Errr..... ok......

:laughing::laughing:

LittleLegsCM
17-08-2012, 09:25 AM
:rolleyes:

There seem to be absolutely loads of these in our local area at the moment or "looking for before or/& after school care....." Er, yeah, where from???? :rolleyes:

Maybe, as childminders, we are also mind readers but no ones taught us how to use our powers??? anyone out there that could let us know??? :thumbsup:

Kiddleywinks
17-08-2012, 09:37 AM
I do tend to do a postcode search so can view the ones closest to me (choice then of x amount possible schools, all of which I can do) but it's not totally reliable - eg one search gave me someone within 1 mile, must have been as the crow flies as it was in another county and would take almost 40 mins on a good day :laughing:

LittleLegsCM
17-08-2012, 09:43 AM
I do tend to do a postcode search so can view the ones closest to me (choice then of x amount possible schools, all of which I can do) but it's not totally reliable - eg one search gave me someone within 1 mile, must have been as the crow flies as it was in another county and would take almost 40 mins on a good day :laughing:

I've given up adjusting the search functions as it does the same thing to me. The amount of times it says 'less than 1 mile' and turns out its the other side of town (which isnt small at all!) :rolleyes:

loocyloo
17-08-2012, 09:45 AM
its not just childcare.co.uk, some other sites such as rightmove do that too!

they look at just the first bit of the postcode, and then the number, which gives the geographic area and then look within a mile ( or whatever ! ) of that, hence people being alot further away than it seems you have asked for!

kel1983
17-08-2012, 10:21 AM
I have mine set to search nearest first

I hate the ones that set up a profile with nothing on it. I always email them to find out

bunyip
17-08-2012, 10:26 AM
I've given up adjusting the search functions as it does the same thing to me. The amount of times it says 'less than 1 mile' and turns out its the other side of town (which isnt small at all!) :rolleyes:

Yup. A lot of websites use a cheap/lazy distance search that only considers the first 1-2 letters of a postcode. In my case, that places a huge number of people within a mile: virtually the entire county. It can result in a lot of disgruntled enquirers.

I had to explain to one recently that I could not simultaneously pick up my existing mindees from school, and collect her DD from another school 5+ miles away. She called back later to say that our FIS had told her that CMs are required to work with parents to meet the individual needs of children. She then gave me the ultimatum: either collect her DD, or she'd report me for not meeting her individual needs!

Funny how you sometimes know it's just not going to work. :rolleyes:

Kiddleywinks
17-08-2012, 10:54 AM
... or she'd report me for not meeting her individual needs!

:laughing: Ok, good luck with that :thumbsup:

Funny how you sometimes know it's just not going to work. :rolleyes:
:laughing:

Tippy Toes
17-08-2012, 11:45 AM
Sometimes I think parents go on there to look at us childminders not for us to look at them.

They have to put something in the profile but they don't want to spend time filling it all in.

PrettyFlowers
17-08-2012, 11:59 AM
In my area on cc there are lots of people who say 'We are a happy family of 4, we have 2 cats, 6 chickens and a horse called Bumpkins. We also like to go bike riding and read books, the children eat a wide variety of food and like to go on picnics in the countryside. Our little baby like lots of cuddles and smiles. Looking for child care'

bunyip
17-08-2012, 01:10 PM
In my area on cc there are lots of people who say 'We are a happy family of 4, we have 2 cats, 6 chickens and a horse called Bumpkins. We also like to go bike riding and read books, the children eat a wide variety of food and like to go on picnics in the countryside. Our little baby like lots of cuddles and smiles. Looking for child care'

Gosh - nice area.
You don't happen to live anywhere near Balmoral by any chance....?
;)

Tippy Toes
17-08-2012, 01:26 PM
Gosh - nice area.
You don't happen to live anywhere near Balmoral by any chance....?
;)

ChocolateChip
17-08-2012, 01:50 PM
I've just had someone make me a favourite on cc.co.uk, I know the town they live in but absolutely nothing else, lol!

PrettyFlowers
17-08-2012, 03:12 PM
I reckon people think they are in Balmoral sometimes, showing off what they have is more important than thinking about what they require for the children.

kellib
17-08-2012, 04:45 PM
There was one I noticed today 'mum of 4 month old baby, no major requirements'

That was it, no mention if they even needed childcare never mind when! :laughing:

WibbleWobble
17-08-2012, 05:20 PM
i get a bit :rolleyes: when they write nothing...nada....nowt.

I did have one where mum wanted a childminder who was not interested in routines and behaviour and who was happy for the little lad to learn freely as he is a free spirit.

Beachgirl29 dared me to send a message....so i did. Had no answer...i wonder why?:laughing::laughing:

wibble x

BlondeMoment
17-08-2012, 05:43 PM
Advert on CC

Errr..... ok......

LOL! I know I've seen loads on there! :laughing:

silvermist
17-08-2012, 05:48 PM
There was one I noticed today 'mum of 4 month old baby, no major requirements'

That was it, no mention if they even needed childcare never mind when! :laughing:

:ROFL1::ROFL1::ROFL1:

Logan
20-08-2012, 10:05 AM
Someone made me a favourite last night but their profile is currently hidden! So I know less than nothing about them, so frustrating.