PDA

View Full Version : Tyre repair-Phil & Ted

migimoo
17-08-2012, 07:33 AM
Does anyone know if somewhere like Halfords repairs the tyres on a Phil & Ted double buggy? The only other place I know for definite is 10 miles away

sarah707
17-08-2012, 07:39 AM
My partner put tyre slime into my buggy wheels and so far... so good ... no punctures!

They sell it at Halfords :D

samd35
17-08-2012, 07:46 AM
I've taken mine to a local bike shop. Twice I had both inner tubes go and they have ones to fit. Cost about £7 each tyre.

Sam x

loocyloo
17-08-2012, 07:48 AM
i always go to local bike shops - although last time it was the local bike & tractor shop :D LO loved trying all the big tractors out and were most disappointed when we didn't take one home !!! LOL!! :D

blue bear
17-08-2012, 07:55 AM
I would think so, I took my tyres to halfords and they put slime in for me. Made a terrible mess when I left pram in the conservatory, tye over heated and exploded, boy that green stuff gets everywhere!
I bought spare inner tubes off e bay and put them in myself using spoons as I don't have tyre leavers.

Rubybubbles
17-08-2012, 08:05 AM
Halfords do sell them, I was impressed as they even have the angle of the bit you put the air in (simple things!) I did have green slime in mine but I think due to not using the pushchair for a while when I moved everything went boom:panic: the tyre went with such a bang, I am now put off putting any in my new tyres!

I have just ordered out and about inner tubes from their website cheaply (and they also fit the phil and teds:thumbsup:)

kel1983
17-08-2012, 08:18 AM
I have a brother that fixes them all for me. :thumbsup:

mrstom
17-08-2012, 09:04 AM
I have a husband that fixes them for me. He's a keen cyclist so has all the kit anyway. The amount of repairs we've had to do is shocking but it has reduced with the green slime - our postman jokes that I do more miles than him in a week so I can't complain given the mileage I've built up with it!

migimoo
17-08-2012, 09:54 AM
Thanks so much-rang my local bike shop and they do it all for me for £10 whereas guy 10 miles away also puts slime in for an extra £2....will leave it over weekend and ponder as i don't need the buggy for 2 weeks now.