PDA

View Full Version : Own children at pre-reg visit or not?

dillydally
17-08-2012, 06:45 AM
I have 2 little ones, do you think my pre-reg visit will be easier if a friend looks after them or will the ofsted expect them to be here?

AgentTink
17-08-2012, 07:08 AM
Pre reg is a lot of talking and going through policies, along with questions about safeguarding and eyfs. When I had mine I had my little girl looked after. The inspector didn't question me to where she was. I found it easier to be able to give the inspector my full attention. Good luck for your pre reg, its really not as bad as you think.

Kiddleywinks
17-08-2012, 08:16 AM
Mine were at school, and it was much easier to talk and think about what was asked.
If they'd been at home, I think I'd have sent them to family ;)

mrstom
17-08-2012, 08:52 AM
Definitely ship them out. My two play up whenever anyone comes round so DH booked the day off to take them out. I was stressed out worrying about the visit without the added hassle of trying to keep them entertained!

TraceyC
17-08-2012, 01:56 PM
I have 2 little ones, do you think my pre-reg visit will be easier if a friend looks after them or will the ofsted expect them to be here?

I had my pre reg visit yesterday and I have 3 kids 5,4 and 18 months. I asked the inspector on the phone aboout this and she diplomatically said get rid of the kids. It is alot of talking and looking through policies and procedures. I never would have been able to do this with my children being there. My visit went well - lasted about 3 hours but she was very nice. She asked me quite a lot of questions, checked my cerficates and CRB and then looked around the house (everywhere including upstairs). She went into detail on some things like uncollected children, and what do to in an emergency but other things that I had worried about she didn't even mention. Good luck