PDA

View Full Version : Joovy Caboose

Cariad
16-08-2012, 10:03 PM
I've been looking around at new pushchairs and wondered if anyone has the Joovy Caboose? There's not an awful lot about it online. It looks like it would fit in the boot of my car but I'd like to try it and I can't find anyone locally who stocks it. TIA

RainbowMum
17-08-2012, 06:11 AM
I'd not heard of them till I read this, googled it & now I think I neeeeed one :panic:

Sorry - not much help am I :p

mama2three
17-08-2012, 06:24 AM
I considered the joovy and the chipolino - the chipolino certainly 'looks' better , the joovy is longer and so kerbs etc will be more difficult depending on the weight in the front. In the end the children I had changed and so I needed something different , but I was close to buying the chipolino.

loocyloo
17-08-2012, 07:25 AM
wow! that looks good! and useful!

Boris
17-08-2012, 07:30 AM
Wow! I love this! Just googled it. The triple version looks good too. Oh dear, I fear the worst. I have a terrible buggy habit!!

Cariad
17-08-2012, 07:48 AM
Ha ha a load of help you lot are lol! I'm glad I brought it to your attention though!! :laughing:

Mouse
17-08-2012, 08:02 AM
I had one about 3 years ago. It was easy enough to push, although kerbs were a bit tricky. It was comfortable for the child on the back, who could stand or sit. It also had a strap for them so they couldn't keep claiming off whenever they wanted to!

The big drawback for me was that you couldn't recline the front seat at all if you had a child on the back. You either had a lo having to sleep upright, or the older child wanting to sit on but not being able to because the front seat was reclined.

singingcactus
17-08-2012, 02:36 PM
I love mine. I have 3 two year olds and it is fab for this age group. For a more mixed age group I would use the phil and teds though or a single and buggy board or even the twin I seem to have collected over the years - as in I wouldn't have a young baby in the seat part.
It does fold up to a reasonable size. Mine has no carry baskets or bags though which is a bit of a pain, but I'm sure they would be available if I had the inclination to look. My kids don't often sit on the back bench they tend to just stand on the board (although occasionally one will sit on the bench and the third child will jump on board and stand up too - it is not designed for this but the kids are all small and they sit nicely on it).
I had wanted one for years and I love it, although as I say it doesn't cover all eventualities and age ranges.

tialil
17-08-2012, 05:12 PM
I bought the chipolino last year for a 2yr and 3yr old to share and I feel in the 7 months I looked after these kiddies I had more than my monies worth. Its fab for packing a picnic under as well ,lovely to push. I had one problem with it - a screw fell off and dh had to come out of work to fix it. I emailed the seller and they sent a new screw in the post.

Would recommend to anyone :)

BlondeMoment
17-08-2012, 05:23 PM
Not heard of it but I too have now googled and it looks great!
Only thing I will say with tandem buggies though is in my experience they are hard to steer. They're long and heavy and God help you on a slanted pathway lol.
I'd actually like to try a double and see how I get on with that. Only a double is wider and more difficult when negotiating doors lol.
The probs we face! :rolleyes:

Cariad
17-08-2012, 07:32 PM
I would need a tandem as the school path is extremely narrow and also with my side by side (quite old and wide) I'm limited to where I can go. Going to the shops is a definite no no unless it's a supermarket. I also have to put the children into it outside my front door as I can't get it through - this may not sound like a biggy but it's not an ideal situation in the rain! Just wondering whether to bite the bullet and buy one, I was about to get a Cossato duet lite but that has terrible reviews and isn't actually 'lite' at all and quite bulky to put in the boot.

Mouse
17-08-2012, 08:18 PM
I would need a tandem as the school path is extremely narrow and also with my side by side (quite old and wide) I'm limited to where I can go. Going to the shops is a definite no no unless it's a supermarket. I also have to put the children into it outside my front door as I can't get it through - this may not sound like a biggy but it's not an ideal situation in the rain! Just wondering whether to bite the bullet and buy one, I was about to get a Cossato duet lite but that has terrible reviews and isn't actually 'lite' at all and quite bulky to put in the boot.

I've got a Cossato duet lite at the moment as a spare. It is very heavy to push, but the children are comfortable. I won't miss it when I can get rid of it though!

lozzy23
17-08-2012, 11:15 PM
My CM friend has this pushchair and, like singingcactus, has an older group of children. She loves it, it goes through her front door and she can store it in the space under the stairs. Although, she can have trouble getting up kerbs.
Neither myself or my friend drives so I can't help on how it fits in a car.

I have a younger group of children who often fall asleep in the buggy, so I need two fully reclining seats. But I would definitely think about having a Joovy Caboose as they get older.

Mummits
18-08-2012, 08:03 AM
I looked at these (the caboose triple) before eventually bying a Valco. The Joovys are very popular in the States and you see them about a lot. One tip I would give, though you may have thought of this already, is that if you buy an american buggy online (and you will find quite a few companies advertising them), make sure it is to be supplied from a UK warehouse, or you will get a hefty bill for import duties - or at least find out what the import duty will be before making a decision where to buy.