PDA

View Full Version : Buying a car

JCrakers
16-08-2012, 09:08 AM
To put me in a better mood today I'm thinking of getting a car.

I think another reason I'm feeling so low is I can't get out and about without one. I sold mine just before I started minding as I wasn't using it but I'm starting to feel trapped.
I'm listening to friends who are loving the holidays because they are going to the soft play,farm etc and I'm stuck inside with just the local park.
Also I'm not spending any time with my own two children because I can't get anywhere and they also have to miss clubs because I can't physically get them there.

I think I need a 7 seater because I've usually got 3 in the day and with me that's four seats taken already.
Anyone recommend a 7 seater and also what can I do about tax as the car is solely for work. Can I claim anything on the price i pay?

AliceK
16-08-2012, 09:43 AM
I'm sorry I can't help with the tax side of things but it did make me smile reading you saying your not happy today so you're going to buy a car. I know us ladies like a bit of retail therapy when we're feeling down but "oh I'm just off out to buy a car" :laughing:

PS I did read your previous thread also so here have some hugs :group hug:

xxxx

jumpinjen
16-08-2012, 09:57 AM
I love my toyota previa but they are hard to come by at a good price (I bought mine from Miss Mopple on here :D) - My friend loves her Zafira and there are a lot about so cheaper - and apparently Grand Scenics are available at good prices due to the number of them too - bit bigger than a Zafira too x

It's a small world
16-08-2012, 10:26 AM
Im looking at a Mazda 5 on Saturday with the hope of buying- used car but better than the car i have. Boot is bigger for my double buggy and the option of 6 or 7 seats as middle middle seat folds flat. Plus rear windows tinted for privacy. Good luck with what ever you decide to buy. Its certainly one way to cheer you up x

JCrakers
16-08-2012, 10:30 AM
I'm sorry I can't help with the tax side of things but it did make me smile reading you saying your not happy today so you're going to buy a car. I know us ladies like a bit of retail therapy when we're feeling down but "oh I'm just off out to buy a car" :laughing:

PS I did read your previous thread also so here have some hugs :group hug:

xxxx

Well I'm not a shoe person so one has to do something :D

Thanks everyone, I'm going to start looking and see what sort of prices they are :D

loocyloo
16-08-2012, 11:21 AM
Im looking at a Mazda 5 on Saturday with the hope of buying- used car but better than the car i have. Boot is bigger for my double buggy and the option of 6 or 7 seats as middle middle seat folds flat. Plus rear windows tinted for privacy. Good luck with what ever you decide to buy. Its certainly one way to cheer you up x

i've been told the mazda 5 is useless for 3 car seats across the middle :( as i really liked the look of it!

DH was researching the mitsibushi outlander, as he wants/needs me to have 4wheel drive for the area we live in! but again, the middle seat isn't big enough for 3 car seats.

dh has now decided upon a chevorolat (?sp) orlando ? or something ... it looks a bit bigger than my adored toyota verso, but has 7 proper sized seats and boot space looks ok!

i would have a toyota verso any day! boot space is tiny and my double mclaren doesn't fit in the boot with all seats up, but it doesn't feel like a BIG car, which is what i wanted! if only i could get 7 seats in a KA or baby fiat!

Buttonsjan
16-08-2012, 01:56 PM
Hi
I've got a Ford Smax which I love, it should have 7 seats but ours only has 5. It also fits 3 car seats in the middle seats.

I'd love one with sliding rear doors too tho!

blue bear
16-08-2012, 05:19 PM
I am on my second vw sharan. Fabulous car, all rear seats come out so can have different combinations depending on children numbers and push chair styles.
My phil and ted fits In The boot, mclaren twin triumph fits in with single both together.
All seats are individual so no problem fitting child seats, two of my seats have inbuilt booster/baby seats that are fabulous wish all the seats had them then no seat storage.