PDA

View Full Version : Time query

melco
16-08-2012, 08:23 AM
Hi,

I have a lo that I have normally just TTO but in the contract it says in the holidays as and when needed. So this week she requested 7.30-3.30pm today and tomorrow. The times are not in the contract as its just as and when needed but his Dad dropped him off at 7.55am, so as I was up ready to work at 7.30am and charge by the half hour can I still charge from 7.30am? I have not given invoice yet and she requested 7.30am so may have been dads fault he was late but just don't want her complaining.

Thanks

melco

JCrakers
16-08-2012, 08:26 AM
I would charge the hours asked for :D

730-330 as it wasn't your fault they were late. If he turns up at 10am tomorrow you still need to charge from the time stated

Kirsty90
16-08-2012, 08:40 AM
Sorry to post on this thread but I am in a similar situation! I look after a lo two mornings a week during term time as he goes to nursery on an afternoon but on the contract it states full days in holidays. A few times during the holidays mum has text a few days before to say lo will only be staying the morning, can I still charge a full day as that is what is stated in the contract?

Thanks

Kirsty

Mouse
16-08-2012, 08:45 AM
Hi,

I have a lo that I have normally just TTO but in the contract it says in the holidays as and when needed. So this week she requested 7.30-3.30pm today and tomorrow. The times are not in the contract as its just as and when needed but his Dad dropped him off at 7.55am, so as I was up ready to work at 7.30am and charge by the half hour can I still charge from 7.30am? I have not given invoice yet and she requested 7.30am so may have been dads fault he was late but just don't want her complaining.

Thanks

melco

That's why I always take payment in advance.

I have a lo who normally only comes mornings. Mum has booked her in for some full days in Sept. She'll pay for the extra hours in advance and knows that if she doesn't use the time she won't get the money back.

I would say that even without a written agreement you can charge from 7.30am as that's the time they requested.

vals
16-08-2012, 08:57 AM
I have a very similar arrangement with a parent. At the start of the summer holidays I gave her a printout of the summer dates and asked that she 'book' what was required as I couldn't guarantee a space being available otherwise. Then I will charge for all the time she requested.
I think that is very fair, after all, a lot of minders would charge to keep the space open which would probably cost a lot more if they potentially could want any day of the week.

muffins
16-08-2012, 11:16 AM
If you had a booking form for them to fill out & get them to sign it they cant argue with that!:thumbsup:

The Juggler
16-08-2012, 03:31 PM
i would def charge if I was up and ready :thumbsup: