PDA

View Full Version : Stressed to the max!!!

Nettynoo
15-08-2012, 09:21 PM
I am so stressed privately and professionally and its really getting me down but am I right in thinking that if I only provide childcare for children in Year 1 and above that I don't need to follow all of the EYFS requirements?????
I am finding it all too much at the mo and need to cut down and can only see my way through it by leaving childminding and going to work somewhere else!!!!
Please help!!! x

sarah707
16-08-2012, 06:34 AM
Yes ... once children are no longer in the EYFS (at the moment) and once they are in full time school (from Sept) you do not have to deliver the full EYFS.

You need to show evidence you have discussed their care and education with parents and other settings and that you are complementing their experiences from elsewhere.

I am sorry to hear you are going through things at the moment. You know where we are if we can help xx

blue bear
16-08-2012, 06:37 AM
Yes year 1 and above do not come under eyfs guidance. Seem to think though that if not intending to take eyfs children long term ofsted will take you off the early years register and it costs alot mire to just be in childcare register, someone I know told ofsted she was no longer taking eyfs children because if paper work and they said they would adjust her registration and new fee would be x. She gave up childminding.
Just be careful how you word it to ofsted especially if only a temporary adjustment.

We all get mega stressed and fund things too much, it's a very full on occupation. Take time fir yourself abc make the necessary adjustments to make things easier on your self :group hug: