PDA

View Full Version : Before school

melco
15-08-2012, 06:10 PM
Hi,

I have a lo that I currently look after in the afternoons but from September his mum would like me to take him to school.

The hours she would like is 7.45am until school starts. School starts at 8:50am. In the contract should I just put 7:45-8:45am and just charge for the hour but put on attendance exact time he was with me?

As I charge per 15minutes and this mum can be quite funny when it comes to my invoicing I don't feel I could charge until 9am. Hope this makes sense.

What do you think?

Thanks

melco

mum24
15-08-2012, 06:17 PM
You need to sign in and out exact times of arrival and leaving in your attendance register.

Re invoice, I would explain to mum you have to note exact times for Ofsted, but agree with her the time you will invoice her for.

It seems she will be getting five minutes free each day, unless you add them up over the week. It seems pernickety, but if I had someone so picky over minutes I would be equally picky about giving free time every day. Just my thought.:D

melco
15-08-2012, 06:26 PM
With regards to attendance register I always put exact times and most days she picks him up 10minutes earlier and I still charge her.

Am filling in contract tonight so may put the 5mins on there as like you said 5mins a day adds up!!

sarah707
15-08-2012, 06:42 PM
I would charge until 9 as I will still be in transit at that time so still, in effect, working :D

loocyloo
15-08-2012, 06:46 PM
i charge in whole and half hours, so i would be charging 7.30-9.00.

maybe you could start to charge a 'before school' set price' that means you don't charge by the hour?

melco
15-08-2012, 07:04 PM
I wish I had done that and I thought she was going to drop him off at 7.30am so I was going to put 7.30-9am but as she has now said 7.45am until school starts I don't know what to do.

In my policies it states I will charge by the half hour but how do I explain this to her? This is the lady that moaned that I gave her first invoice when it was due without giving her much notice but he had only started the week before and felt I couldn't give it on his first day and also explained that I understand that i have only just given it so would not expect payment straight away but every month she asks for it early just to make a point which is what I do anyway!!

pinkellifun
15-08-2012, 07:18 PM
I would give her another copy of the policy stating that you charge in half hour increments. I do the same so would (and do) charge from 7.30-9.00. Those 5 minutes a day add up to nearly half an hour by the end of the week!