PDA

View Full Version : Another inspection..yeah why not

JCrakers
15-08-2012, 01:07 PM
Im in the process of becoming accredited, still not 100% happy with the process as a lot of extra paperwork to do. I have done minimum work to get through it to be honest as I don't see the point to any of it. I got a good from ofsted back in march so as far as I can see that should be good enough.

But no...now I have to have an inspection with the iprovement adviser and her senior who will be here for three hours.
Why I'm agreeing to this I don't know, but I have 1 parent who desperately wants her dd to stay with me and I've agreed to give it a go.

I'm feeling rubbish now. The last two times the improvement adviser came I had to stick the kids in front of the tv for an hour because I couldn't concentrate on what she was saying.she was trying to be helpful but to me it was just telling me what I need to do and making me feel inadequate at what I was already doing.

I hope I'm in a good mood that day because if they start telling me extra stuff to do I might just blow my top and ruin it all

rickysmiths
15-08-2012, 03:47 PM
Oh don't say that I have just completed my Level3 and am going to be going down the Accredited route in Sept.

As far as I'm aware here I have to be Graded at least Good, always been Good and the last twice I got some Outstandings as well, have a Level 3, just done that and lastly have our Counties Quality Accreditation, did it 6 years ago but have to do it all over again :rolleyes: No Network to be a member of so that's OK.

The thing that annoys me is that the local Day Nursery delivers the funded places, it has only ever been graded Satisfactory, has not completed the Counties Accreditation and isn't expected to and not all the staff are Level 3 trained. :rolleyes:

Why do I have to jump through more hoops!

sarah707
15-08-2012, 05:01 PM
I welcome advice, say thank you ... and decide later whether to use it or not! :D