PDA

View Full Version : Sharing

Fraggle1
15-08-2012, 12:58 PM
Hello all :) Hope you are all enjoying the holidays!

Just a quick question, I have a 30mth old mindee who is finding it difficult to share at the moment, he gets ALOT of attention at home and is an only child so expects the same when he comes to me!

This morning I have let him share out the toast snack to the other children, made him wait his turn on the trampoline instead of 2 at a time and am going to play polar panic later so he can wait his turn for the hammer etc....

Are there any other tried and tested games/activities I can use with this age that will help...mind gone blank - thanks all :) xx

sarah707
15-08-2012, 05:21 PM
Any game that involves more than 1 will help him to practice his sharing skills... plus circle time type activities.

It can be a long haul sometimes and then you suddenly get a breakthrough so keep going! :D

Fraggle1
15-08-2012, 09:26 PM
Thanks Sarah - I will keep going lol x

Boris
16-08-2012, 07:14 AM
I have a song basket with little toys or cards to prompt a song. We sit in a circle and each child is allowed to choose from the basket. I have 6 children so the ones who struggle with turn taking often have to wait a little while! ;) I have found it very good! x

bunyip
16-08-2012, 07:45 AM
Have you tried playing 'snap'?

They soon work out that it's impossible to play it unless they take turns.

babs
16-08-2012, 12:21 PM
I have a song basket with little toys or cards to prompt a song. We sit in a circle and each child is allowed to choose from the basket. I have 6 children so the ones who struggle with turn taking often have to wait a little while! ;) I have found it very good! x

we use empty ceral box and sing whats in the box..... i put a toy in that relates to a song and we take it in turns knocking on the box singing whats in the box whats in the box ( name of child twice ) whats in the box ... then they open it and tell me what they think the song is and we sing that song..
at the end they all have something in teir hand.

Maza
16-08-2012, 02:20 PM
Just make sure you never miss an opportunity to go OTT with the praise when he does share or take turns. Be specific with your praise, using the words 'sharing' or 'taking turns'. Remember, sharing and taking turns are actually different skills which both need to be applied in different contexts. Make a big thing of it at pick up time by telling mum/dad in front of him how he shared the blocks with another child, or took turns on the trike etc. (I'm sure you know and do all of this already.)

You could try acting out little scenarios with puppets, eg one puppet wants all the toy cars but the other puppet has nothing to play with, who can think of a good idea to help the puppets?

watgem
16-08-2012, 05:26 PM
we use pop - up- pirate a lot for sharing, simple but fun:)