PDA

View Full Version : weekly planning

mushpea
15-08-2012, 11:27 AM
when we do our weekly planning do we need to put the days of the week on the plan or can we just do a generalized plan for the week ,

loocyloo
15-08-2012, 01:46 PM
don't know! i guess you do what works for you!

i do use a weekly 'timetable'

it has days of the week, then morning, afternoon & afterschool!

i write on it what we are doing ie toddler groups, library.

i write in afternoon sleeps followed by story & singing as that is our routine before doing the afternoon school run

then i write in what afterschool clubs/activities i need to factor in and anything the schoolies specifically want to do!

then i write in any other specifics i plan to do, like a trip to the zoo or feed the ducks.

then looking through LJ, i see what i wanted to do with/for each child that week and scribble a quick idea/thought onto the plan.

at the bottom i also list all the continuous provision,so all the things that are available all the time like cars, dolls, dressing up, outside play etc ( this is pre-printed on the form! ) and then things i'm getting out for that week - maybe the wooden sensory box, or the magnet games.

then as the days go by i scribble over it with arrows/adding or changing things.

it sounds long winded, but really only takes a few minutes each week- takes me longer to plan the weeks meals :D

rickysmiths
15-08-2012, 03:56 PM
I must be a terrible minder but I use my head!! I never write down weekly plans.

jumpinjen
15-08-2012, 04:05 PM
I jot it down but I don't put days of the week - it has a box titled 'week beginning' - I put a couple of ideas based on the previous week's observations then add the rest as the week goes on......

Jen x

loocyloo
15-08-2012, 04:08 PM
I must be a terrible minder but I use my head!! I never write down weekly plans.

i'm a 'to do' list person! i need things written down! 99% of the time i remember and do what i had planned, but its also useful to look back at!

jumpinjen
15-08-2012, 04:16 PM
i'm a 'to do' list person! i need things written down! 99% of the time i remember and do what i had planned, but its also useful to look back at!

me too - the less information i have to hold in my head the better LOL!

Playmate
15-08-2012, 04:34 PM

About as dreadful as me then :laughing: I have a written plan that shows roughly what our routine is (mainly for prospective parents in our welcome booklet) If I'm doing a particular theme with the older children, I jot down ideas for the half term and then on a weekly basis just look and decide day to day what activities to do :D

sarah707
15-08-2012, 04:57 PM
I have a plan for the older ones - themes running through the week - because they love it and contribute towards it regularly.

The little ones tend to be led by their interests but we have a good strong routine which we follow as well.

It's about getting it how it works best for you :D

nikki thomson
15-08-2012, 04:59 PM

Me too, I do have a weekly planner up on the fridge (wipe clean one) but I've never used it. X