PDA

View Full Version : New Happy Land Sets in ELC

SandCastles
15-08-2012, 09:54 AM
Thought I would let you know that some of the Happy land sets in ELC website are on offer at the moment.
When i scrolled down I realised why ....

They have re-modelled some of the sets, changed the colours of some of the sets e.g. dino is now green and the mountain has changed from orange to grey and dropped the overall prices.

I'm waiting for the new catalogue to arrive.

So excited.... for the lo's of course (okay for me really, as i love playing with them)

AgentTink
15-08-2012, 10:13 AM
I noticed the new sets in the shop the other day. They have remodelled most of them to look more sturdy for little hands with not as much opening and closing things. Which is a shame because i loved the details on the orginal range.

I had to smile when I saw they had decided to bring in more cultures to the happyland family such as below
http://www.elc.co.uk/HappyLand-Khaleeji-Family/134473,default,pd.html

rickysmiths
15-08-2012, 11:34 AM
I actually think it is a good move because there are many families of many cultures in this country and they should be able to buy characters like themselves.

hectors house
15-08-2012, 12:09 PM
I actually think it is a good move because there are many families of many cultures in this country and they should be able to buy characters like themselves.

I bought the half price olympic sets and extra athletes but disappointed that no characters of an oriental origin - I used to look after a japanese boy and found it hard to buy resources.

tashaleee
15-08-2012, 01:14 PM
I noticed the new sets in the shop the other day. They have remodelled most of them to look more sturdy for little hands with not as much opening and closing things. Which is a shame because i loved the details on the orginal range.

I had to smile when I saw they had decided to bring in more cultures to the happyland family such as below
http://www.elc.co.uk/HappyLand-Khaleeji-Family/134473,default,pd.html

Great to have another 'family' - fingers crossed they can be bought without the house thingy - I have it in the pink and its the one bit I would never recommend as the children 'dismantle' the doors and tree top in 2 seconds flat :rolleyes:

bunyip
15-08-2012, 01:47 PM
I love the Khalijee family.:) Just can't figure where the horses fit into that set. Do they live in the house, the bird box, or just perch in the tree overnight?

Our lo's love Happyland, but I think some of the items are wierd: such as the dinosaur-bus, kettle cottage, etc. The prices can be a bit scary too.

What they really need to make is a little Happyland carpenter, who goes round fixing those doors, since they always come off.

Mouse
15-08-2012, 01:55 PM
What they really need to make is a little Happyland carpenter, who goes round fixing those doors, since they always come off.

Apparently they make them like that on purpose!

I emailed asking why the doors fell off so easily and how I could get replacements for all the ones we've lost. They said they make the toys so the doors come off easily as it prevents them being broken when children pull them back too far. And no, you can't get replacements :rolleyes:

bunyip
15-08-2012, 03:15 PM
Remember those multi-coloured plastic strip door blinds from the seventies? Perhaps we need Happyland versions of those. ;)

SandCastles
15-08-2012, 10:13 PM
The new lift off rocket seems to have a better hinge on the middle door (the one with the bed and kitchen) so maybe they have listened to us going on and on and on about the daft doors. I dont mind leaving the little doors at the bottom of my toy box but the rocket middle door use to really cause problems as lo 'needed' it fixing before he could blast off!

miffy
15-08-2012, 10:28 PM
I see they've brought back the pirate ship and the zoo - got both on my wish list but waiting for a deal

Miffy xx

Nanny66
16-08-2012, 09:33 AM
I bought the half price olympic sets and extra athletes but disappointed that no characters of an oriental origin - I used to look after a japanese boy and found it hard to buy resources.
Hi,
I noticed lego have a japanese sumo wrestler and geisha girls etc. I saw one on e*** only about a pound, it might have been on bids though.
I need to get some, there seems to be lots of things I need!
Jan x

Mouse
16-08-2012, 10:31 AM
I see they've brought back the pirate ship and the zoo - got both on my wish list but waiting for a deal

Miffy xx

I bought the pirate ship for £4 on a local Facebook selling page :clapping:

Cassie
16-08-2012, 11:26 AM
Thanks Guys!!!! Just went on to take a look and spent £75..... :panic:

AgentTink
16-08-2012, 11:31 AM

Miffy xx

Just keep checking as i got the Zoo set for £30 at the very beginning of December last year and a few days later they put it back up to £60.

LittleLegsCM
17-08-2012, 09:17 AM
No good for you lot who have already bought (although you could cancel before its despatched and then reorder ;)) but if you use discount code 'SAFARI' you will get an extra 20% off :)