PDA

View Full Version : how long???

mumo5
15-08-2012, 08:08 AM
Hi all,
I am new and have just signed up for the pre registration briefing session, I was hoping someone coulld give me a rough idea on the time line of how long each stage is to becoming a registered childminder.
Thanks for you time :)

JoRo163
15-08-2012, 12:44 PM
I started my course in Jan/feb time. I decided to complete that before applying to ofsted, which will be a requirement for applications from September. I then submitted my application to ofsted in early may, had my pre-reg early July and was registered a week after that.

It is very time consuming I'm afraid, but you're on the right road. It will all be worth it in the end :)

mumo5
15-08-2012, 12:57 PM
thats great thank you and do you have mindees now or are you just advertising?

JoRo163
16-08-2012, 09:27 PM
At the moment I'm still advertising. I've had one meeting with a parent, bug they really needed a nanny, so that was my practise run lol

I have 2 meetings lined up for tomorrow, so fingers crossed all will go well! I'd certainly start looking for mindees sooner tho as I've heard it can tide some time. Good luck!

claire250182
20-08-2012, 12:14 PM
It depends on areas as to how long it takes to register. It took me 6 weeks from start to finish. Some places take a lot longer. Good luck xx

mumo5
21-08-2012, 12:07 PM
At the moment I'm still advertising. I've had one meeting with a parent, bug they really needed a nanny, so that was my practise run lol

I have 2 meetings lined up for tomorrow, so fingers crossed all will go well! I'd certainly start looking for mindees sooner tho as I've heard it can tide some time. Good luck!

Thats great good luck with the famillies :)

MrsP2C
25-08-2012, 08:44 AM
I did my pre reg briefing end of June & was very lucky to get a place on the 4 day course early July & submitted my application online on 10th July & my inspection is next week.