PDA

View Full Version : Potty training 2 boys at the SAME time!

EmmaReed84
15-08-2012, 05:34 AM
Hello ladies,

Been off for a bit, had a week off and was super busy... kids exhausted lol.

Anyway I came back to work and Mum informs me that mindee is in pants (no surprise really) he was pretty much ready so Mum used the week off to train him.

This them jumped started Caiden to do the same! Been having real issues with him to the point he is seeing a urologist on Thursday because he does just wee IYKWIM... He just dribbles, like he cannot hold it in.

On the Monday first day back at work mindee in pants keeping an eye on him and Caiden. Caiden had 15 pairs of wet pants... that does not include the times he managed to get to the potty on time.

Yesterday he was better, not so many accidents (accidents are not big, just little wet patches on his pants) then he dribbles on the potty. When he sort of got the feeling of needing to go he was almost constantly on the loo every 15 minutes or so.

Sometimes he can last longer and sort of hold it and do a bit more of a wee but then says it hurts?

Not sure if this can be normal (I know all children are different)

Part of the reason I got a referral was because he had an op on his manhood at 18 months old.

Any advice?

EmmaReed84
15-08-2012, 02:27 PM
:( Anyone?

no?

margimum
15-08-2012, 02:32 PM
Sorry no real help, but just a reminder not to make C feel inadequate because he's not doing as well as your mindee.
It does sound like he needs an investigation by the doctor and hopefully it will be sorted easily.
If you can keep his morale up and keep it lightharted for now it will help in the long term.

EmmaReed84
15-08-2012, 02:39 PM
Sorry no real help, but just a reminder not to make C feel inadequate because he's not doing as well as your mindee.
It does sound like he needs an investigation by the doctor and hopefully it will be sorted easily.
If you can keep his morale up and keep it lightharted for now it will help in the long term.

Both DH and I have been very relaxed about and taking our steps from him really. Caiden has not really noticed a difference in the amount of accidents he just he says "Mum, new pants please" So I just change them... although today we have had NO accidents... just a million trips to the loo...

I think mindee has been twice... older son has been about 3 times and I have been twice... Caiden has been at least 2-3 times an hour... sometimes 4 times...