PDA

View Full Version : Hi need help

Kalo
14-08-2012, 08:45 PM
Hi there I am new to this site n need some advice.i had a visit from ofsted yesterday n was told I had a complaint made against me.i was in my night gown when the lady came as I wasn't feeling very well.when she told me that someone had made a complaint about me not using the car seat for the kid I lookafrer I panicked as I admit I have done this a couple of times.most of the time I do use it so in panic I said I don't have anyone in my care.i dont know what will happen now.would they get back to the person who complaint n wouldn't she say that I have been looking after her.i am really scared I have been doing child minding for 11 years now n never had any complaints made against me.all the parents n kids r very happy in my care.any advice is much appreciated.i haven't slepped all night or eaten anything for two days.can I just resign if that will make any difference.

sarah707
15-08-2012, 07:01 AM
I strongly suggest you use this as a learning experience and tighten up your safeguarding and other procedures.

Do you have a local development worker / childminding support coordinator who can come round and give you advice?

Do you know any other local experienced childminders who will help you?

You might find some of our members are very angry by your post - childminders work by reputation and things like not using car seats and lying to Ofsted give us all a bad name.

However, I suggest you turn it around and use it as a positive - now is the time to take a deep breath, think about how you work and change things for the better.

I hope this helps :)

Helen Dempster
15-08-2012, 07:24 AM
I totally agree with Sarah, and I hope some of the other members don't give you too much of a hard time. However, I see you've been minding for a good number of years, so tsk tsk you should know better! Naughty step for you, methinks.

Learn by it...DON'T make the same mistake again - suppose something had happened while the little one wasn't in the car seat? Doesn't bear thinking about does it?

Anyway, like I said and Sarah said, treat it as a learning curve, sort out your safeguarding issues and move on.

jelly15
15-08-2012, 07:36 AM
If you had posted one other forums you would have a roasting. I know none of us are perfect 100% of the time but to not use appropriate seats is a biggy.

madmamma
15-08-2012, 07:43 AM
:eek: What were you thinking?!

Personally, I think you should fess up to Ofsted right now, and deal with the consequences before they get even more out of hand.

You do have other parents, and I'm sure that just because you've said you haven't any children at the moment doesn't mean this is going to go away - like you said, if they go back to the complainant and they put them straight (name other parents, maybe give their contact details too) this is going to make a terrible situation much much worse for you.

Resigning is running away from your responsibilities

Bear23
15-08-2012, 07:47 AM
:eek: What were you thinking?!

Personally, I think you should fess up to Ofsted right now, and deal with the consequences before they get even more out of hand.

You do have other parents, and I'm sure that just because you've said you haven't any children at the moment doesn't mean this is going to go away - like you said, if they go back to the complainant and they put them straight (name other parents, maybe give their contact details too) this is going to make a terrible situation much much worse for you.

Resigning is running away from your responsibilities

yep agree x Your gonna have to hold your hands up and take it

gegele
15-08-2012, 09:47 AM
oh dear....

sorry but I don't know what you expecting to hear. you have made a big booboo there.

please do learn from it and be glad it was like this and not with a child injured :panic:

JCrakers
15-08-2012, 09:56 AM
I have read a few posts about complaints but it's usually through parents not wanting to pay or someone being mistaken etc. And usually the mindees are really upset as they can't believe someone has complained

But not using a carseat for a child is really bad. Can you imagine the implications for everyone if you had an accident :eek:
Im sorry but it's really bad practise :( keeping the children safe should be a main priority 100% of the time not just sometimes

Please, please tighten up this not just for the child's sake but your own too. If you had killed a child because they were not in a seat you would be in prison :panic:

AliceK
15-08-2012, 10:16 AM
I'm sorry but what were you thinking :panic:. There is no excuse ever to not use a car seat for a child. Frankly I can't believe that anyone does that never mind a professional child carer.
As for Ofsted, there is no point in lying to them. Surely you have records of the children in your care, attendance logs etc, they will probably want to see them. I don't think you will have heard the last from them.