PDA

View Full Version : Rising 5's? Ofsted email Address?

Gherkin
13-06-2008, 06:39 AM
I had EYFS training last night (EYFS and the Ofsted Process) and I asked about the rising 5's issue - apparantly as of this week it is all still with the lawyers and was told that I should get my change of numbers (my son turns 4 in August and goes to full time school in September) letter in asap. She said that the worst they can do is say no - well if they say no then I will be f****d as I need him to be a rising 5 so that I can have 2 under 5 if not I am going to have to cancell someones contract and to be quite honest I won't be able to continue childminding as I will not be able to afford to do it. Really peed off at all this uncertainty. :(

Is there an email address to send letters to ofsted?

thanks

sarah707
13-06-2008, 06:47 AM
enquiries@ofsted.gov.uk

Good luck! Let us know what they say :D

Gherkin
13-06-2008, 06:55 AM
enquiries@ofsted.gov.uk

Good luck! Let us know what they say :D

Any ideas on how best to word it as he doesn't turn 4 til august 5th!

sarah707
13-06-2008, 07:25 AM
I understand from reading reports about the new regulations for age / ratios for EYFS, I will need a variation for the following from September...

Child A - date of birth xxx age xxx who attends xxx

Child B - date of birth xxx age xxx who attends xxx

Child C - date of birth xxx age xxx who attends xxx

I am asking early because I am concerned that, for continuity of care, I need to reassure parents that I will be able to look after their child from September.

The child's are obviously worried about losing me as their childminder if, when Child xxx starts school, he is not classed as rising 5 in the holidays and they are equally worried about needing sufficient time to go find a new childminder and go through the settling-in process elsewhere if they do have to move their child.

Can you please advise me as soon as possible.

Thank you

Something like that? :D

miffy
13-06-2008, 07:26 AM
Good letter Sarah :)

miffy xx

wendywu
13-06-2008, 07:58 AM
I thought it said in the NCMA magazine that they could be counted in the 5/8 group in the holidays.:panic:

crazybones
13-06-2008, 08:06 AM
I thought it said in the NCMA magazine that they could be counted in the 5/8 group in the holidays.:panic:

It did - It was a bit premature apparently :rolleyes:

sandy
13-06-2008, 11:59 AM
Thanks sarah, I've just printed your letter as I need to apply for a variation just in case as well.

What would we do without you !!:clapping: !!

Sandy x

son77
13-06-2008, 12:33 PM
How pathetic is this, why do they have to make things so complicated.

It was all going swimmingly until someone had an idea :idea: & introduces EYFS.

There are going to be some many confused CM's out there that really haven't got a clue what's right & wrong, & that would be me if it wasn't for this forum!

sue32
13-06-2008, 12:52 PM
I had an E'mail from Ofsted yesterday on this and I quote:

Each childminder may care for:

a maximum of six children under the age of eight;

of these six, a maximum of three may be young children, however where four-and five year-old children only attend the childminder setting before and/or after a normal school day, they may be classed as children over the age of five for the purposes of the adult: child ratio, (this is only in term time);

normally, no more than one child may be under the age of one, however a childminder may be registered to care for two children under the age of one where they are able to demonstrate that they can meet and reconcile the individual needs of all the children being cared for.

Exceptions to these ratios can be made for siblings and to provide continuity of care in certain circumstances approved by Ofsted, provided that the total number of children under the age of eight being cared for does not exceed six.

Hope this helps but I think there is going to be a lot of paper work with quiet a few of us asking for a exception for school holidays, I know I will have to