PDA

View Full Version : planning???

adele1985
14-08-2012, 06:00 PM
Just woundering what everyone does for weekly planning

I work from each childs developmnt file which has thier individual learning plan for each of the areas of learning it has what they are good at adn what they need to improve on

getting a bit stuck on how to present my weekly planning. I did make a grid with the days of the week at the top and "messy play/baking activity" "outdoor play" " group time" and "unplanned" down the side and id fill the collums in as we did activities (id normally work on a weekly topic)

id link the areas of learning to the planning by doing an evaluation of that week

does this sound okay or do i need to link the areas of learning as part of the planning

lol my head hurts thinkng of how to change it:panic:

sarah707
14-08-2012, 06:40 PM
You can use the areas of learning if you want to and they fit in with what you are doing... or you can write / use some continuous provision sheets... or you can carry on exactly as you are if you are happy with it!

It really is about how you feel confident working :D

lisa1968
14-08-2012, 09:16 PM
we all do things different ways-sometimes it just takes time to work out which is the best way for you.
I've tried so many different ways over the 12 years that I've been minding.Now I just us a nice A4 notebook and write planning from week to week.Next to each activity I write the AOL's so it shows which ones I've covered.I also make a note next to an activity if I've done an obs on a child-that then links to the obs in their file. Individual planning is done once a month-one per child;its impossible to do it for every activity.
I've learnt over the years that I do far too much paperwork,so I cut it right down-and I still get the same results!

jumpinjen
14-08-2012, 09:24 PM
Do you do this for each child or for the group?

Perhaps you could tweak it to have boxes on for each of the areas you resource and plan e.g small world/construction/outdoors/craft/sensory play/music and drama but leave out the days then plan a few based on the children's interests and add in others as you go through the week - you could add an abbreviation of the day if you want to remember what day you did it (I don't) or a child's initials if it is aimed at a particular child based on their observations (although all will maybe participate) - Planning for all children on one sheet cuts down on repeating when others do the same things, for example if you plan to get large brushes outside and pots of water for mark making with X and then Y and Z love it and do some great mark making, instead of writing on three bits of paper "making marks with large brushes and water on patio", you can write it on one with X's initials as the plan, then make obs about it on all the children's individual obs sheets - I don't usually link my plans to the L and D's unless it is a spider plan of a topic/theme - I leave that for my observations. Have I explained what I mean or has that confused you? I also have my planning sheet without so many restrictions on it as the example I gave above could go in the 'outdoors' box or 'mark making' so where do you put it? just some food for thought.... Jen x

rachelle
15-08-2012, 06:45 AM
I do mine exactly as shown in the practical EYFS book because it looked easy and 'enough' Yours sounds good though. I go for things that are quick and easy to fill in!

days across the top, activities planned and then a comments box for each day underneath where I note any obs or changes etc. I fill 2/3rds of it in after the day as children tend to lead in other directions to the ones I fancied!

Todays says Wednesday: Playdate am - garden toys, playdough (J) pm - nap (J), puzzles with adult (I and D)

Letters are initials of children it's planned for although open to all. J has just started being able to manipulate play dough and I and D are practising working together ready for school next month.

jumping j
15-08-2012, 06:49 AM
a do a monthly continuous development grid with the toys that I get out for the lo's to play with and why.
I add on anything the lo's have chosen themselves
I also make a note in my diary of outings etc.

adele1985
15-08-2012, 07:02 AM
Do you do this for each child or for the group?

Perhaps you could tweak it to have boxes on for each of the areas you resource and plan e.g small world/construction/outdoors/craft/sensory play/music and drama but leave out the days then plan a few based on the children's interests and add in others as you go through the week - you could add an abbreviation of the day if you want to remember what day you did it (I don't) or a child's initials if it is aimed at a particular child based on their observations (although all will maybe participate) - Planning for all children on one sheet cuts down on repeating when others do the same things, for example if you plan to get large brushes outside and pots of water for mark making with X and then Y and Z love it and do some great mark making, instead of writing on three bits of paper "making marks with large brushes and water on patio", you can write it on one with X's initials as the plan, then make obs about it on all the children's individual obs sheets - I don't usually link my plans to the L and D's unless it is a spider plan of a topic/theme - I leave that for my observations. Have I explained what I mean or has that confused you? I also have my planning sheet without so many restrictions on it as the example I gave above could go in the 'outdoors' box or 'mark making' so where do you put it? just some food for thought.... Jen x

Thanks hun i do my weekly planning around the group of children i have that week as i track each childs development and strengths and weakness in thier perosnal files by doing thier base line assessments and learning plans every couple of months.

I might do my planning weekly planning as a spider chart that sounds like it would be easier to follow