PDA

View Full Version : reviews for Phil and Teds please

Angela234
14-08-2012, 03:56 PM
Hi do you like phil and teds double buggy?

Which ones ?

Looking at possobility of getting one second hand

As said in another post side by side buggy too wide to go down narrow busy road safely and have 3x 9-12 months in Sept 2 most days.

Thanks for your views in advance

AliceK
14-08-2012, 04:21 PM
I had a P&T and to be honest when I had it I loved it but then I bought a Nipper 360 double and that was even better so I sold my P&T. I do like the P&T though although the back seat is a bit of a pain with older children sleeping as it doesn't really recline much and their head goes over the bar once they get to a certain age. But all in all it is a great pushchair :thumbsup:

xxx

blue bear
14-08-2012, 04:25 PM
Loved my p&t until I bought a nipper. The nipper is wide though (though not wide for a side by side) so I still use p&t alot because can't get nipper in school etc.

BuggsieMoo
14-08-2012, 04:51 PM
I had a P&T and to be honest when I had it I loved it but then I bought a Nipper 360 double and that was even better so I sold my P&T. I do like the P&T though although the back seat is a bit of a pain with older children sleeping as it doesn't really recline much and their head goes over the bar once they get to a certain age. But all in all it is a great pushchair :thumbsup:

xxx

Ive got both and love them - I alternate as I look after twins, somedays they sit beside each other - somedays one on top iyswim. xx

CH1957
14-08-2012, 05:48 PM
I hate my Phil & Teds and am trying to sell it at the moment. As Alice said the back seat doesnt recline properly and also they can hit their head on the bar at the top of the seat. I also brought the Double Nipper, so much easier to push! :)

kel1983
14-08-2012, 06:31 PM
We have both a phil and ted and a nipper a ssome days we need both. I like the fact that the p&t cn be used as a single as well as a double. The back seat is very useful when we go to market for fruit and veg and also for the kids school stuff.

We bought ours econd hand. we are on our second p&t now. had the e3 first but was starting to get old and heavy. Then found a sport local for a good price. It is a dream to push compared with the e3

mum2two
14-08-2012, 08:02 PM
I like it but hubby hates it!!!

Helpful...??? :p

xx

Wheelybug
14-08-2012, 08:08 PM
I love my P&T's, wouldn't be without it, but haven't had a nipper:)

Cathy
www.pre-schoolplay.blogspot.com

Angela234
14-08-2012, 08:10 PM
Thank for all the replies

Are all P&T roughly the same?

Angela234
04-10-2012, 09:05 PM
Which phil and ted is the best?

I'm looking on ebay at the sport, explorer, or e3 can't afford anything else
Which one has the recliner back seat?

blue bear
04-10-2012, 09:09 PM
I have a sport and back seat reclines, so loved it but got a nipper 360 double now want to sell p&t and get nipper single.

winstonian
04-10-2012, 09:09 PM
I have 2 P&Ts e3s. I love them, 1 of the is 6 years old, probably had 2 parcel trays and lots of tyres thats all.
I do find they get punctures and the bar on the 2nd seat is awkward but they take up hardly any space, you can unclip the back seat and carry a sleeping child inside in it and the pannier bags are great!
Our 6 year old 1 has been to Spain twice and Florida and I still use it daily!

PixiePetal
04-10-2012, 09:11 PM
e3 is more basic than sport which I think reclines on bottom seat - but not far.

I have a P&T Classic - basic, but does the job for me to be able to get on a bus :thumbsup: does not recline second seat.

I also have a mountain buggy terrain for the fields and woods on our farm - second hand from ebay :thumbsup: love it too. Big, comfy for kids and great to push.

Monkey26
04-10-2012, 09:33 PM
Sorry but I'm a Britax b-dual fan as both seats recline flat :) xx

Angela234
04-10-2012, 09:42 PM
Thanks for your replys i have to have narrow buggy as have to walk down a busy road with no path also would like to usethe bus sometimes.

I just thought it would begood to have a recline seat as all children i look after are under 14 months.

crazyhazy
04-10-2012, 10:25 PM
I love my p&t, it's 4 years old now, bought when I was expecting my 2nd dd, had a 22m gap so it was used a lot when they both slept in it and the big one never had any problem sleeping in either seat, but my girls are quite petite, the almost 6y old can still fit in the main seat comfortably lol! I think it's the sport version I have where the 2nd seat does unzip a bit to recline and that was always enough for my two. Mindee wise I use it mostly for a big 2.5y old and a big 16m old just now and both seem comfy, but neither are kids that would sleep in a buggy anyway so can't comment on that really.

nipper
05-10-2012, 12:49 AM
I had an E3 bought off eBay which I loved until I decided to get a mountain buggy duet which is practically the same width and I love it to bits. So do my mindees. Fantastic to push with one hand and hold toddlers hands at same time. Sorry not much help as I'm a mb convert now

Angela234
05-10-2012, 12:08 PM
Does the p&t have any thing coming down the back so when you recline the main seat theres like a apron covering from the hood down? or is there a big gap for draughts?

nipper
05-10-2012, 12:21 PM
I think you can get a wind shield which attached to the toggles at the back. It's not part of the big windshield/raincover
(if that helps you)

Angela234
05-10-2012, 04:30 PM
Thats for that

WibbleWobble
05-10-2012, 04:35 PM
i have a p&t explorer- brand new...all black...all mine wwwhhhhhoooohahahaha

sorry....i digress.

I have the blazing saddles panniers too and the doubles kit

best thing i have ever bought for cming...i have just the one buggy now, no more buggy mania in the shed!

wibble xxx

MagdalenaS
05-10-2012, 07:31 PM
hi,
i have p&t sport. I love it ... from next week I will have 3 under 2. I know you could attache Lascal Maxi board to this buggy. could someone send me pictures how to do that. My e mail nycza@yahoo.com Thanx