PDA

View Full Version : Before/After school. Term time only - what do you charge?

Tippy Toes
14-08-2012, 01:34 PM
Ill be looking after a little one before and after school come september.

This will be term time only.

Just wondering whether you charge anything during the hols to keep their space?

Thanks.

The Juggler
14-08-2012, 01:37 PM
Ill be looking after a little one before and after school come september.

This will be term time only.

Just wondering whether you charge anything during the hols to keep their space?

Thanks.

I would not charge hon.

houseofelliots
14-08-2012, 01:55 PM
If it's term time only then I ask for 2 weeks full money at the end of the school year BUT do not charge anything during the holidays.

If a parent wants me during the holidays then I charge 1/2 fee whilst they are not there and full daily rate when they are (if that make sense)

Kiddleywinks
14-08-2012, 01:57 PM
I don't charge for a TTO B/A School either, means I can offer that space to a holiday only child

mindingmummy
14-08-2012, 02:17 PM
I dont as I quite like having different children in the holidays. a bit of variety :-)

VINASOL
14-08-2012, 06:33 PM
Tbh I never used to charge for holidays either. Just term-time rates (so weekly). It meant I was down financially across the year but it worked for me. Also, I am too much of a softie when it comes to charging :blush:

Tippy Toes
14-08-2012, 08:26 PM
Thanks for all your help xx

mushpea
14-08-2012, 08:33 PM
I think you have to do what suits you,, I dont charge school holidays mainly because I like less children in the holidays so my children have less children around them , mine are now growing up and when the no longer think its cool to hang with mum then I may start charging as then i would be happy to have more in the holidays having said that at the moment work is so thin on the ground I dont think I would get the work if I charged through the hols
hope all that makes sense
so basicly no i dont charge a retainer as I prefer to have less children at the moment.

migimoo
14-08-2012, 09:57 PM
All the CM's I know charge a retainer in the holidays (half rate seems the usual) but I've decided i'm not going to charge my term time only parents.
No 2 CM's have the same fee policy-whatever you decide though stick to it.

Chimps Childminding
15-08-2012, 06:43 AM
I wouldn't charge if they wanted a term time only contract, but would charge a retainer if I was going to be needed in the holidays!

jumping j
15-08-2012, 06:55 AM
I don't charge my TTO during holidays, I have the after schoolies full days during the holidays so they take up the spaces, wouldn't feel right charging for a space that isn't there.

Tippy Toes
15-08-2012, 08:23 AM
thanks again for everyone's help. I've decided not to charge anything during the holidays xx