PDA

View Full Version : What do nurseries do?

jelly15
14-08-2012, 11:20 AM
I have a teacher coming this evening and will want term time only. I will charge a half fee retainer in school hols but I think she will be looking at a nursery too. What do they usually do regarding term time only? I want to be the better option.

gegele
14-08-2012, 11:52 AM
phone the nursery in your area and ask :D

~Grasshopper~
14-08-2012, 11:53 AM
i would think they do a term time only contract. i have term time only contracts and tbh its fab having school hols off and i dont feel right charging a retainer. x

rickysmiths
14-08-2012, 11:56 AM
Just charge a bit more for a term time only.

I add up the fees for 39 weeks

add up half fees for 13 weeks holiday retainer

add the two up and divide by 39 to give the higher TTO fee that actually gives you a built in retainer :thumbsup:

karensmart4
14-08-2012, 11:58 AM
Our local nurseries do term time only with an option to book play days during the holiday's.

I don't charge a retainer but shhhh don't tell everyone but I do charge a slightly higher hourly rate :)

notts
14-08-2012, 12:51 PM
I found our local nursery do term time, I don't. I'm cheaper by the day so I still work out cheaper overall even charging a 50% retainer

Maza
14-08-2012, 12:51 PM
Remember that as a teacher she will still be getting paid for the holidays (unless she is a supply teacher) so don't feel too guilty. I know my teacher friend had to pay to keep her full time nursery place open but chose to send her for a couple of days a week so that she wouldn't find it hard to settle in again come September. This could be an option for you, then the teacher could get all her school work and housework done on those days and have real quality time with her child in the evenings and for the rest of the week.

mindingmummy
14-08-2012, 01:32 PM
I dont charge for the holidays as I run a term time only contract...however Im kicking myself seen as my teacher parent didnt realise this and asked why I hadnt charged for the christmas break!

Boris
14-08-2012, 03:33 PM
Our local nursery does term time contracts, I don't. They are a bigger than me and take take the hit when a parent has a 6 week break from paying. I can't afford to do it. :( I have 2 children of teachers and they pay all year round and have never argued it. (they do bring their LO's in the hols though so no quiet times for me)