PDA

View Full Version : a vent

Sunflowers
14-08-2012, 08:46 AM
and i'm not bothered who sees it!
It seems that 2 newly registered minders in my small area have realised there isn't a great deal of demand.... So have decided to slag off my services in hope to improve thieir own. Its all petty crap, one even placed a complaint with ofsted (annoyed with myself there as nothing in the complaint got upheld but I got a wrist slap for a couple other stupid mistakes, bother!)

The pair of them are properly in cahoots, thankfully my current clients are all lovely and very supportive, I know they have corrected a couple people who have believed the rumours but I fear that It will/ already has damaged my otherwise good repuation.

Makes you wonder why you bother doesn't it? Nothing I have hard evidence of either or I'd have the pair of them in court for slander (or is it libel always get the 2 mixed up)

Kiddleywinks
14-08-2012, 08:53 AM
Slander is verbal, Libel is written ;)

You say you don't have hard evidence... you do, you have your parents confirmation that they have put other people right, I'm sure they will be willing to put that in writing

I would approach a solicitor anyway with the information you DO have, and see if it's worth sending a letter to them regardless, before it starts getting out of hand.

If they are on this site - SHAME ON YOU!

smurfette
14-08-2012, 09:08 AM
Slander is verbal, Libel is written ;)

You say you don't have hard evidence... you do, you have your parents confirmation that they have put other people right, I'm sure they will be willing to put that in writing

I would approach a solicitor anyway with the information you DO have, and see if it's worth sending a letter to them regardless, before it starts getting out of hand.

If they are on this site - SHAME ON YOU!

Good advice hun :thumbsup: sorry to hear you are going through this, hard enough to find work sometimes... Hold your head up high, you and your parents know you are doing a good job and they will refer you on

jelly15
14-08-2012, 10:04 AM
That is really awfull. There are other CM in my village and we work together, if we have an enquiry but don't have the required space we recommend each other. If someone did this to me they would be receiving a solicitors letter promptly.

Pipsqueak
14-08-2012, 10:11 AM
i would be sending them a solicitors letter mentioning slander, defamation, ruination of your business and professional reputation and blah blah....

scare the silly hussies witless and then grin manically at them

yes if you are on this site - shame on you:(

failing that - I am in the mood to come round and batter someone.....

Sunflowers
15-08-2012, 10:50 AM
Thanks folks, I don't have the energy to persue anything legal unless it escalates of course (my Dad was chomping at the bit to get them in court though!)

Will just carry on doing what I do knowing my current clients are all very happy with the service i provide, the kids are all fab, come in for a hug 1st thing wont leave without a kiss goodbye says it all to me that does.