PDA

View Full Version : Going to loo a lot

JCrakers
14-08-2012, 08:37 AM
Mindee nearly three has been potty trained for a few months and has taken to it really well.

But I've noticed only in the past few days that she's asking every 10-20mins to go to the toilet, so she's backwards and forwards a lot.
I've been taking her and will let Mum know tonight about it and see if she has noticed anything but what would you do?

Just keep taking her when she asks
or
Ask her to hold for a while

loocyloo
14-08-2012, 08:58 AM
is Lo getting a fuss made everytime she goes? it may be she likes the special attention? can she take herself? i have the potty in the toilet, and LOs take themselves and once i know they have been, i then go and deal with the potty! (they yell/tell if needing a poo!)

i would possibly try asking her to wait a little bit, as otherwise, when you are out & about, it could be a problem.

or it might be she is so tuned to being aware that she needs a wee ... she is responding at once to the feeling!

AliceK
14-08-2012, 09:11 AM
Could she have a water infection?
If it's out of the ordinary for her then I would mention to mum and if no change in a day or 2 maybe she needs to take a sample to the Dr's?

xxxx

Kiddleywinks
14-08-2012, 09:11 AM
Has she 'gone' every time she's been?

If she has, then she's super sensitive to her body's needs lol, if she hasn't, then it could be as loocyloo says and an attention thing - has there been any changes to her home life recently, have you taken on any new children etc

My 3 year old mindee goes about 4 times a day (7am - 6pm) and can drink for England, but occasionally will want to go on the hour every hour because she likes my taps :laughing:

Edit: Oooo - didn't think about a water infection! Good point :thumbsup:

JCrakers
14-08-2012, 10:44 AM
Thanks. I thought about a water infection and will have a word with Mum later.

She went as soon as she arrived this morning 8.50am and then went again at 9.10am. she goes on her own so Im not sure if she actually did anything.

Then she asked again at 1045ish and I asked her to wait a little and then she didn't ask again until about 11.20am.
She's just asked again 5mins ago.

Whether its the urge to go or if its the novelty of going, or maybe she's not emptying her bladder properly... I'll ask Mum if shes noticed her going a lot

Thanks

muffins
14-08-2012, 11:29 AM
I had an LO who did this and would take ages too, I followed her up one time and discovered she was just spending time dancing and pulling faces in front of the mirror:laughing:

Tippy Toes
14-08-2012, 01:37 PM
Ive had a few little ones do this, usually once they have first started potty training. I think it was the novelty of going to the toilet, going in to the bathroom etc. It wore off pretty quickly!