PDA

View Full Version : oh my days

Helen Dempster
14-08-2012, 07:21 AM
father of girl (just turned 1) asked me this morning if she can count to 3!!!!

She can't even speak yet, let alone count to 3 :laughing:

Note to self: plan some advanced mathematics....

karensmart4
14-08-2012, 07:25 AM
Some people do expect too much of their children :eek:

smurfette
14-08-2012, 07:28 AM
Think I have heard it all now!! :eek:

Bear23
14-08-2012, 07:30 AM

:laughing:

Can forsee nightmare parents here, expecting too much, poor child x

bunyip
14-08-2012, 07:40 AM

Tell Dad she can manage 0 and 1, but that's enough to work in binary as you have her signed up for a computer programming course.
:D

Kiddleywinks
14-08-2012, 07:41 AM
Tell Dad she can manage 0 and 1, but that's enough to work in binary as you have her signed up for a computer programming course.
:D

:ROFL1: :thumbsup:

sophia36
14-08-2012, 07:51 AM
Oh my word!!!!

My sister announced yesterday that she is going to potty train her daughter. She only turned 1 in June. Good luck sis! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Bear23
14-08-2012, 08:14 AM
Oh my word!!!!

My sister announced yesterday that she is going to potty train her daughter. She only turned 1 in June. Good luck sis! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

:laughing::laughing:

migimoo
14-08-2012, 08:22 AM
Oh my word!!!!

A friend of mine 'potty trained' her daughter from 9 months old!!! She was a devotee of The Baby Whisperer....very odd to be there trying to have a cuppa and a chat while she held the baby over the potty every 5 minutes!

rickysmiths
14-08-2012, 09:40 AM
But isn't this why they are sending their dears to Day Nurseries in droves. So they can be taught and educated. They need to be able to resite their times tables at 2 don't you know and to be able to spell supercalifagilistic (sp!!) as well :laughing::laughing:

rickysmiths
14-08-2012, 09:42 AM
Oh my word!!!!

Oh my 14mth, non talking mindee went off on Thursday, I'm on holiday for 2 weeks and mum is going to potty train because lo is ready for it!!! Mum is at work as well, so its the in laws looking after lo :laughing: We'll see :rolleyes:

LChurch
14-08-2012, 11:25 AM
Don't knock it though as one of my mindees was talking at 13 months and now at just over 2 you can hold a decent conversation with her, she can count very well so it is not impossible but it is rare, I had just her when Mrs O came and she was very impressed with the language skills, she wouldn't have said the same as my other mindee though who is older! And only now is begining to talk! She was only about 14 months and she was pointing at words and saying them etc!

VeggieSausage
14-08-2012, 02:57 PM
Yes one of my mindees is apparently so advanced that the parents think he will be a scientist....he is 2.5 and I suspect he has adhd......oh dear, what lies ahead!

Paulab
14-08-2012, 03:49 PM
My 16 month dd can say absolutely anything you tell her( including p**s a swear word for wee lol, this morning copied from her 16 year old very naughty brother)

She can count to 6, and name blue/yellow/red/green very well,

She just started taking her nappy off (even with frilly pants on) & sitting on potty, have had a couple of wees :clapping:

Informed me this morn "mummy teeth ouch"(has cut a tooth)

But my 2.5 year old mindee has been very slow at talking/colours/ numbers potty training, & I have done nothing different with them very strange !