PDA

View Full Version : Can I request my overdue ofsted inspection???

Nettynoo
13-08-2012, 08:14 PM
I know I must sound like a loon but my Ofsted inspection was due in Jan 2012 and is now very overdue!
I wondered if anyone has ever requested their inspection be completed as I am expecting a baby in Nov 2012 and want to get the inspection over and done with so I can relax a bit whilst heavily pregnant or on 4 weeks maternity leave??!!
Not sure what to do!! Help!! x

Boris
13-08-2012, 08:59 PM
Oh dear! My friend has been waiting since Feb. It's worth asking, not sure if they will do it, you can but try. xx

rickysmiths
13-08-2012, 09:02 PM
You know what they say? If you don't ask! I would give them a ring and see.

Chatterbox Childcare
14-08-2012, 06:00 AM
If you have had an inspection since Sept 2008 then you probably won't get one.

jumping j
14-08-2012, 06:21 AM
my firend's been waiting since november 2011.
She rang and thay told her they were working through any CM's who hadn't had an inspection under the current EYFS and they probably wouldn't be out until the new EYFS came in.

jaja
14-08-2012, 08:26 AM
I rang them up when 4 years past and asked if they had forgotten me, lol, they came within 6 weeks of my phone call, i think its important to have ofsted come and make sure i am doing my job to the best i can do, dont get me wrong i panic and get myself into a right state before they come, but i would rather be inspected on time or more regular than waiting to see when they are coming and constant worry. My last inspector was fantastic, she was very nice and made me feel at ease,

its worth a phone call

jen

xxx

loocyloo
14-08-2012, 02:57 PM
my 4 years will be up in october this year. i will then give them a call, if i haven't heard anything!

Nettynoo
15-08-2012, 09:04 PM
thankyou ladies!!
Getting really stressed about keeping on top of everything and finding that working a 60 hour week at 28 weeks pregnant and being nearly 41 isn't ideal!!!

ajs
15-08-2012, 09:16 PM
I requested mine last time, I was 6 months overdue an had had a complaint made against me so after ths was all dealt with. I Called them up and said I didn't want to have them coming again so could they please come and inspect me, they did and said that they'd never had anyone ask for an inspection before.

miffy
15-08-2012, 10:44 PM
If you've had an inspection under the current EYFS then you probably won't get another now until after September whether you are overdue or not.

There's no harm on asking though and you might be lucky!

Miffy xx