PDA

View Full Version : Win a £50 Amazon.co.uk voucher

Richard
13-08-2012, 06:40 PM
I thought I'd run a little competition for forum members to give one lucky member the chance to win a £50 Amazon.co.uk voucher.

To enter all you need to do is say what you like best about the childminding forum and how you think it could be improved as a comment below.

The competition will end at 11pm on Friday 17th August.

I will choose one lucky winner after the competition closes and will announce who they are in this thread.

Good luck everyone :)

cabby
13-08-2012, 06:51 PM
i LOVE this forum and all its mad, nutty, strange :rolleyes: funny and friendly members, i love how much it has helped me since i became a member about 3 years ago, if i ever have ANY kind of problem ( personal or work wise ) i know there will be a thread about it somewhere :D:D:thumbsup:

i would quite like a like button!!:thumbsup:

mrstom
13-08-2012, 07:03 PM
I love how friendly everyone is and how no matter what the question, someone knows the answer (or they know someone who does!)

Agree, would love a 'like' button or a childmindingforum app for my iPhone please :D

danielle10392
13-08-2012, 07:10 PM
I love this site :D for so many reasons...there are some amazing and wonderful people on here who have helped me with some tough issues and i would like to thank them all :) this site helps hundreds of us childminders and its lovely being able to share problems with each other as someone will always be able to give advice :)

Thanks everyone :)

xxxxxx

mum22
13-08-2012, 07:33 PM
I love that you can chat to others and get different feedback and different views, I love the support it gives especially to those really shy ones like me who would never be able to chat face to face. I just love that we can ask a question and not be made to feel silly.

how could it be improved, not sure I think it is pretty perfect ....... Xx

Twinkles
13-08-2012, 07:39 PM
I love the fact that we can ( almost ) always accept that another person might have a different view point and that just because we might differ it doesn't mean the other person is wrong.

Threads very rarely get heated and I have ( almost ) never come across any offensive language or opinions.

To improve the forum I think we need more parties :D

( and a like button )

Roseolivia
13-08-2012, 07:42 PM
I love that there's always someone to talk to, sometimes even in the middle of the night.

Mostly I love meeting up with the minders I chat to on here.

I think the forum could be improved by having an app for mobiles, I was lost last week when i couldn't access a computer whilst on holiday, i was having withdrawl symptoms:)

~Chelle~
13-08-2012, 07:42 PM
I LOVE this forum and have made and met many other Childminding friends from here. One of them has become a very good friend :D

I love sharing experiences and seeking advice from other Childminders on here and can ALWAYS rely on honest answers (whether you want them or not lol)

If I can help someone with a query or question, then I will do my best to help them out.

This is our "staff room" and I love chilling on the forum and having a little catch up with people. It has a wonderful community and I am so glad that I found this forum a few years ago.

Pauline, Graham, Angel and Sarah are very hard working mod's and I think they do a fantastic job :thumbsup:

I really think that the forum could benefit by adding a like button to posts, as you have to enter a minimum of 10 characters in order to add a post to a thread and sometimes it would be nice to just like the comment, instead of adding another one.

jelly15
13-08-2012, 07:44 PM
I love the warmth and empathy, the practical help and advice and the lack of nastiness that is sometimes seen on other forums.

As the forum currently more than meets my wants and needs I don't belive it needs any improvement.

FussyElmo
13-08-2012, 07:53 PM
To improve it a home button would save me having to wear out my back button :)

The best thing is when virtual friends become real friends when you meet up from all over the UK :thumbsup:

kindredspirits
13-08-2012, 08:19 PM
What I love about this forum..... its one of the few ways that a Childminder can discuss work related issues/questions in what is effectively a staff room. It can be a lonely job otherwise. Plus there are every different type of CM you can imaine and we are all tolerant of our differences.

I would improve it by reducing the wait between searches as it drives e insane when it seems to double click me then tell me i have to wait to see new posts.:D:thumbsup:

Zoomie
13-08-2012, 08:21 PM
I love that the forum is a friendly place and that there aren't trolls about (or if there are, they have been dealt with promptly).

A like button would be good too :)

winstonian
13-08-2012, 08:22 PM
I love that people give advice with out judging and yes a like and home button both sound great!

francinejayne
13-08-2012, 08:26 PM
the forum has been invaluable to me - when I was setting up as a childminder, and throughout my first few contracts. I always come here for help, advice and info.

I would like a mobile phone app and a like button (if I am allowed to have 2 requests as to how the form could be improved!)

Playmate
13-08-2012, 08:29 PM
I love this forum because it has introduced me to so many 'like minded' CM's who share my passion :D

I agree with others about a like button and an i phone app would be great :thumbsup:

Trouble
13-08-2012, 08:31 PM
I like the forum because its like all your friends in one place and when you feel alone they all come to help:D

a mobile phone app and a like button

Mouse
13-08-2012, 08:53 PM
I like this forum because it's the only place where you can guarantee to find people who totally understand your excitement of getting new storage units :clapping:

As for improvements - a like button, reduce the 30s wait between searches, get rid of the minimum 10 character requirement for posts and searches :thumbsup:

aly
13-08-2012, 08:56 PM
what do I like about the forum?.....I like it because we are 1 big family.

what would I approve?.....I agree with iphone/ipad/android app.

rickysmiths
13-08-2012, 08:56 PM
I first found the Forum when looking for EYFS info the first time round and never left :blush:

I love the way we all are happy to share information and opinion without getting nasty or blasphemous and I love the fact that I have been able to actually meet up with so many lovely like minded passionate ladies and gentlemen.

Please can we have a Like button?

Boris
13-08-2012, 09:02 PM
I love this forum because it's the only place you can ask a stupid question and not feel stupid :blush: I have learned so much from the fantastic people on here.

I would like a like button too please!

WibbleWobble
13-08-2012, 09:03 PM
i treat the forum like a "staff room"....i can have a moan, speak of my fears, say something funny etc. I have never been put down and am always made to feel comfortable.

Childminding is a very lonely job (adult company wise) and this forum is a lifeline for a lot of people.

what would make it better? Hmmmmm

A like button
Reduce the wait to check posts (the 30 seconds gets on my wick- i am a fast reader)
And have an app for iPhones etc - i was actually looking into this just as the announcement was made about Richard taking over. I was in communication with my daughter who was looking at how much and how for me. If it had been a reasonable amount i had thought of a whip round to get the ball started for Pauline....ah well great plans eh?

Love Wibble xxxxx

Velleity
13-08-2012, 09:15 PM
I like that I can come here and get advice within minutes!
I would like there to be a thank you button under posts x

Chatterbox Childcare
14-08-2012, 05:59 AM
I love the fact that no matter what time of day or night you log in there is always someone online to chat too.

Improvements : this has been run so well and efficiently by Pauline and administrated by Angel and Sarah it is hard to think of anything at the moment but there was a button that took you straight to your messages/profile change and I struggle to find it most of the time. (probably looking in the wrong place though!), so a bit more visibility for me please

ajs
14-08-2012, 07:31 AM
What I like about the forum:

I like the fact that when I had. My inspection the forum is the first place I went to tell everyone how it went

I like the fact that when I had my complaints everyone offered support and helped where they could

I like that everyone is excited when we see bargain toys and doesn't say oh you've got one like that already

I like that I have made some real real friends (lots of them) and some real virtual friends too.

I do not like the way my phone bill has gone up since I talk to heaven scent everyday.

I like that everyone understand what being a childminder is, and that we don't sit and watch jezza eating chocolate biscuits and drinking hot tea

I like that everyone has an opinion and isn't afraid to tell it, but we all have one thing at heart, the welfare of our next generation.

What I would change, I would love an app. A like button and to get rid of the 30s rule too

karens knippers
14-08-2012, 07:37 AM
I like the forum because it is one massive happy family. Everyone respects one another, listening, offering advice and making everyone feel welcome.
What would i change...........how do you change perfection :D

RainbowMum
14-08-2012, 07:51 AM
:)I love everything about the forum, it has all been said already :thumbsup:

I would llike to be able to flag a thread to follow the conversation without getting emails every comment, I would also love a like button ;)

Kiddleywinks
14-08-2012, 08:46 AM
What I like:

That the majority of parents don't come here so I too can treat the forum like a staff room

That 'trolls' or trouble makers are spotted and dealt with pretty quick

The support and thought sharing from other members

The help and guidance provided by members like sarah707 and Penny on issues important to minding and minders
(I wouldn't have known about a lot of the dereg stuff if it weren't for this site, as I don't see many other minders beyond the nodding 'hello' stage)

What I would like:

I too would like a 'thanks' or a 'like' button, however, it was my understanding that one of the reasons for not having one, was to encourage as many replies to a thread as possible, ie a difference of opinion or confirmation of doing something, so maybe only allowing 'time served' members (300+ posts) this option if it's possible to do that (?)

Oh, and please change the 30 second rule - I read quicker than the laptop! :laughing::thumbsup:

desiderata
14-08-2012, 08:55 AM
I dont like this forum ............................... I LOVE IIIITTTT!!!!! I fell upon some time ago when searching for information and have never left. Whether the problem or question is child care related or personal there is always someone to ask and a shoulder to lean on any time day or night. I havent yet been fortunate to meet many off here but have had telephone calls with a couple who have really helped me through some sad and lonely times. As others have said you can ask as many awkward, stupid, sensible questions as you like and always get an answer or be pointed in the right direction.

I cant think of anything I would change, its Perfection xx I love love love it xx

PixiePetal
14-08-2012, 09:08 AM
I love the support on both a CM and personal level - especially with a major complaints issue and dealing with SS and Ofsted (I was in a state and didn't know where to start, the forum saved my sanity), when my dad and MIL passed away, support was there too, meeting 'virtual' friends who I consider 'real' friends now, being ahead of our LA as far as paperwork and changes go - I always hear it here first!

I came to the forum via a link on Sarah707s website when googling policies when the EYFS first came in and have never left!

Improvements? In the words of Billy Joel - 'I love you just the way you are' :D:thumbsup:

Happy Bunny
14-08-2012, 09:31 AM
I love the forum as I know I can get help and advice should I need it.
Def a Like Button and I would like the 30 second wait to disappear as well (I'm a speed reader so it drives me up the wall)

anneriddington
14-08-2012, 09:47 AM
This forum is the friend you know is always there, even if you dont talk in a while! Its my staff room, my social zone and shoulder to cry on! All in all the only place you can find a group of people who are proud to shout out they are Professional Childminders and PROUD :)

I would really like a phone app for the site as I really like to childcare.co.uk phone app already

Greengrass74
14-08-2012, 09:54 AM
The best thing about the forum is that I have been welcomed by everyone, which, as a man in a mainly female environment, this is not always the case. I have sometimes been made to feel really uncomfortable at times whilst on training, seminars etc, however on this forum there has been nothing but support from ALL other members, this just goes to show what a great bunch of people are on here and what a great forum.

Regarding change how about an area/link on the forum where registered childminders are able to log in using their ofsted reg number and a password, this would then be an area for only childminders to share comments, stories etc stopping the concern that some have shown regarding non childminders seeing post

jumpinjen
14-08-2012, 02:20 PM
What I like best is the friends that I have made to see in 'real life' that I would never have met if it wasn't for the forum....... Monkey are you blushing yet??!!

What would I improve? Hmmmm - maybe some more organised way of keeping track of all the great links that members put into threads and then we all lose and have to start a treasure hunt for on another thread LOL - useful for future members too and new ones, who don't even know that they needed that fab link yet!!!

Jen x

karen m
14-08-2012, 03:57 PM
I love this forum ,we all have one aim on here and that is to be a great childminder and with all the help and advice from other members and the admin

GILLIAN H
14-08-2012, 05:03 PM
as a dinosaur where computers are ... i like how everyone helps and shares a really nice quality in you all thanks ..maybe a monthly competion like this would be good ..otherwise really happy with all you do x:clapping:

funemnx
14-08-2012, 05:33 PM
This forum has improved the work I do as a childminder so much - the help I have recieved in terms of knowledge, experience and the dreaded paperwork necessary for Mrs O is invaluable. So many times I have discovered something I was supposed to have and didn't!

The companionship, laughs, discussions, support and expert advice has made my job a lot less lonely - I simply don't know what I do without you all! :jump for joy:

It's perfick! :thumbsup:

cas2805
14-08-2012, 05:42 PM
I love that we can ask ANY question and always get an answer quickly. Usually I know the answer but just want the others to back me up. As they don't know the parents or children, it can stay confidential!

Also love the links to freebies and must haves! I love my Oral B Crocodile and 2nd year of potato growing!

I also like that I can share items back, I have asked for help for my NVQ and help on policies, I have also shared my policies with others :)

sandy64
14-08-2012, 06:23 PM
the childminding forum well its a place to come to chat when your sad when youre happpy when you need a friend to listen without being judged a place to get advice not just about childminding and to also come here to read help listen to others no matter whether its happy news or sad everyone is here to support each other no matter what it is day or night its a lovely place to come ive always been welcomed and have met some lovely people,Sarah,graham,angel,pauline are amazing work so hard to make this a great forum and to help each and everyone of us (ive a tear silly me)
i think that sums up the forum for me,
change maybe an easier way to follow a thread unless its me not knowing lol:laughing:

mrstom
14-08-2012, 06:43 PM
Regarding change how about an area/link on the forum where registered childminders are able to log in using their ofsted reg number and a password, this would then be an area for only childminders to share comments, stories etc stopping the concern that some have shown regarding non childminders seeing post

Ooooo, I like that idea Dave! :clapping:

toddlers896
14-08-2012, 07:00 PM
I love the forum because it helped me on my way to my childminding career when I new absolutely nothing. Somebody is always there to help you no matter what and every question is answered. Without this forum I wouldnt have known about sarahs e books and i wouldnt have got the excellent grade that i did in my recent inspection. I have also met some lovely people in person but feel like I know others even if I havent met them.
I log on frequently even if its just to keep up to date with new posts and would recommend it to anybody. Its more addictive than Facebook:clapping:

supermumy
14-08-2012, 08:05 PM
i like this forum as it has helped me with my business ranging from eyfs, to policies to oftsed visit, to just asking a question and almost instantly getting a reply and advice, the free resources are fab as are the people on here shraring thier experiences and knowlegde

gotta agree wit others a iphone app lol

Pauline
15-08-2012, 01:58 PM
To improve it a home button would save me having to wear out my back button :)

Just click the logo Fussy :)

Or, just to the left of where you log in, you will see a row of links:

The first one is the home page "Childminding Forum" > next is the forum you are in > next is the section of the forum you are in > next is the thread you are in

You can use any of those to go backwards and forwards :)

This isn't an entry to the competition Richard - just helping out :laughing::laughing:

Pauline
15-08-2012, 02:02 PM
And have an app for iPhones etc - i was actually looking into this just as the announcement was made about Richard taking over. I was in communication with my daughter who was looking at how much and how for me. If it had been a reasonable amount i had thought of a whip round to get the ball started for Pauline....ah well great plans eh?

Love Wibble xxxxx

Ah bless you. :) Although cost wasn't the problem, I had found some cheap apps, it was getting the coding into the site that was the headache :rolleyes:

Pauline
15-08-2012, 02:17 PM

Hope Richard doesn't mind me butting in again :blush: I hope it will help him when considering all these great ideas. Using Ofsted numbers to get access to member areas has been suggested quite often but I cannot see how it would work.

The hardest part of using your Ofsted reg number to log in would be proving it was yours. How would Richard know ,or be able to check, that the person claiming to be a registered childminder with number 123456 was indeed who they said they were?

For instance, I could go on the Ofsted website now and find a registration number, from the report I could gain a good idea of where that person was from but there is nothing that would confirm the name of the childminder so I could come along here, claim to be the childminder from Anytown with registration number 123456 and get access to the member area that you suggest. But the real owner would then be locked out.

Or I might even know a childminder's number, where s/he lived and even their name. I could be another childminder, a parent, someone malicious - I could get here before them and be registered as her/him before they came along. There are some devious people out there :(

Does that make sense? :)

aly
15-08-2012, 02:23 PM
Hope Richard doesn't mind me butting in again :blush: I hope it will help him when considering all these great ideas. Using Ofsted numbers to get access to member areas has been suggested quite often but I cannot see how it would work.

The hardest part of using your Ofsted reg number to log in would be proving it was yours. How would Richard know ,or be able to check, that the person claiming to be a registered childminder with number 123456 was indeed who they said they were?

For instance, I could go on the Ofsted website now and find a registration number, from the report I could gain a good idea of where that person was from but there is nothing that would confirm the name of the childminder so I could come along here, claim to be the childminder from Anytown with registration number 123456 and get access to the member area that you suggest. But the real owner would then be locked out.

Or I might even know a childminder's number, where s/he lived and even their name. I could be another childminder, a parent, someone malicious - I could get here before them and be registered as her/him before they came along. There are some devious people out there :(

Does that make sense? :)
also depending on whether ofsted.cssiw.care commission.
not sure how ofsted numbers are, but with cssiw ours begin with 2 letters so AS5930294556 {not a valid number lol} so if ofsted are only numbers then it wont accept our numbers etc.

ORKSIE
15-08-2012, 02:35 PM
I love the forum because

Of the amount I have learnt since I became a member.
I have made some wonderful friends...Some I have had the pleasure of meeting.

I can honestly say I have almost Wee'd myself laughing at times, with the fantanstic banta that goes on.

There is always friendly advice and sympathy when needed.

Its one big Happy family.....Thanks to Pauline and Grahams hard work. and Our very own Angel of course.

God Bless our Wonderful Forum.
x

FussyElmo
15-08-2012, 02:38 PM
Just click the logo Fussy :)

Or, just to the left of where you log in, you will see a row of links:

The first one is the home page "Childminding Forum" > next is the forum you are in > next is the section of the forum you are in > next is the thread you are in

You can use any of those to go backwards and forwards :)

This isn't an entry to the competition Richard - just helping out :laughing::laughing:

Thank you Pauline :thumbsup: 3 years I have been a member :blush:and i didnt know this.

there you are Richard my request is solved without winning so i will change mine to the app too but could we make it an android one too please :thumbsup:

Richard
15-08-2012, 03:36 PM
No problem at all Pauline :)

I don't think it is a good idea to have people login with their Ofsted numbers for the reasons Pauline has mentioned.

I'm currently looking into ways of providing an iPhone and Android app for the forum. At the moment I like the look of http://www.forumrunner.net/?p=branding as that would seem to offer everything we would need.

Would appreciate any comments on this.

Richard :)

sillysausage
15-08-2012, 03:56 PM
I love the friendliness of the forum and the fact that someone out there always has good advice for whatever problem you have or there will already have been a thread about it if you search.

I would like to see a 'like' or a 'thanks' button so that you can tell people when you have appreciated their comments.
The other thing I'd like to see is a part of the forum where it would be possible to 'hide' your forum name. Sometimes you need advice on very delicate or disturbing subjects, but because there are always other forum users that know us in real life, this can throw confidentiality issues into the mix. I know it is possible to register with an anonymous log-in, but if others are like me, for the few occasions I'd need it I would have forgotten what my 'anonymous' log-in was.

Pauline
15-08-2012, 04:00 PM

I don't think it is a good idea to have people login with their Ofsted numbers for the reasons Pauline has mentioned.

I'm currently looking into ways of providing an iPhone and Android app for the forum. At the moment I like the look of http://www.forumrunner.net/?p=branding as that would seem to offer everything we would need.

We had been doing quite a bit of research and I agree Forum Runner looked the best so far. :thumbsup:

sarah707
15-08-2012, 04:59 PM
I love the friendliness of the forum and the fact that someone out there always has good advice for whatever problem you have or there will already have been a thread about it if you search.

I would like to see a 'like' or a 'thanks' button so that you can tell people when you have appreciated their comments.
The other thing I'd like to see is a part of the forum where it would be possible to 'hide' your forum name. Sometimes you need advice on very delicate or disturbing subjects, but because there are always other forum users that know us in real life, this can throw confidentiality issues into the mix. I know it is possible to register with an anonymous log-in, but if others are like me, for the few occasions I'd need it I would have forgotten what my 'anonymous' log-in was.

You can always confidentially ask a moderator to post a question on your behalf :D

mama2three
15-08-2012, 05:01 PM
Everyone has expressed my views on why the forum is great and I cant add anything else !! What I love most about the forum is that it feels like home.

The 30 second search thing drives me mad!!I like to use 'new posts' and look to see what a reply was - it takes only a few seconds sometimes

Greengrass74
15-08-2012, 05:07 PM

I suppose that's my chance of winning the competition gone then :rolleyes:

Richard
15-08-2012, 05:37 PM
I suppose that's my chance of winning the competition gone then :rolleyes:

Anyone who makes makes a suggestion in the thread will be qualify for entry into the competition draw. It doesn't matter what the idea is or if anyone else has said something similar.

Thanks for all the entries so far.

claire & steve
15-08-2012, 08:41 PM
What more can we say..... its great, i love reading all the threads and learning from them and everybody. Everyone is fantastic, so helpful and willing to share ideas. Thank you all xxx

Chimps Childminding
15-08-2012, 09:14 PM
I love the forum for ALL the reasons everyone else has said!!! It is great to get advice when you aren't sure of something, even if you think it is just you having a "blonde" moment, no one ever minds!!

I have had lots of support from people I don't actually know and that means an awful lot!!!

Improvements, as suggested a like button or thanks button would be good!! Failing that arranging for coffee and cake to be delivered by George Clooney every morning would do :laughing::rolleyes:

Maza
16-08-2012, 06:35 AM
I love the fact that the forum is here 24/7, so it really stops me from feeling lonely. We laugh together and cry together and become better childminders together. This forum has really helped me improve the quality of my care and the lives of the mindees and my own child. We can ask ANYTHING without fear of being judged.

The thirty second wait can be a little annoying sometimes when the little ones are due to wake from their nap. Sometimes older posts are a bit tricky to locate through the 'key word', but I'm not sure that could be improved, maybe that's just me. A 'like' button would be fun. Thank you.

PixiePetal
16-08-2012, 07:56 AM
the 30 second wait is a pain - if it needs a wait, is 20 enough for whatever reason?

as I said before though - I love the forum as it is :)

Polly2
16-08-2012, 08:29 AM
Without this forum I wouldn't have met my good friend Manjay and I wouldn't have gone on to study for my foundation degree with her as support :D

We both got distinctions and are now preparing to start our top-up in October.

Thank you forum :clapping:

I would like more smileys please :p:laughing::jump for joy::clapping:

aly
16-08-2012, 01:02 PM
forum runner is good, and i also use tapatalk ...netmums use tapatalk and also a hsuky forum im a member of.

jane5
16-08-2012, 03:03 PM
I love the fact that if you have a question to ask and you think it is a silly question, you are never made to feel that it is a silly question on this forum.

Almost everyone on here are kind and supportive even if they have a different opinion to you.

I would also like a "like" button

The Juggler
16-08-2012, 03:36 PM
i love the forum as there are so many minders (even among regular posters and advice givers) that come from different backgrounds, different levels of experience and with different approaches to minding.

I love seeing new minders feeling comfortable enough to post lots of questions without feeling nervous.

Improvements...............hmmm, tricky one. More smilies!!!!!!!!!

sharonmanc
16-08-2012, 06:01 PM
What i love: the fact that I can come here and get support and advice from other childminders who know excatly what I am going through on a daily babsis asa childminder, sometimes i dont even have to ask the question, but just search a keyword and find out the information, I also love how friendly the site is.

What I would improve: Having a better childcare finder featured on the site, like childcare.co.uk

loocyloo
16-08-2012, 06:46 PM
the forum is my home. i would be lost without the support, advice and friendship i have had from the forum. i wouldn't have met some amazing childminders either, if not for the forum. its the first place i look in the morning, and the last place at night. i miss it when i am away and half my conversations to DH start 'on the forum ....'

i'd like to be able to search again in under 30 seconds! and i'd like a like or thanks button too :thumbsup:

BucksCM
16-08-2012, 06:56 PM
There's nothing that I can add that hasn't been said already :D:thumbsup:

Again, I'm with the majority, a like button, shorter search time...oh...and the "new posts" button at the bottom of the page to save me scrolling up to the top each time! I'm lazy, me!:D

Kiddleywinks
17-08-2012, 09:08 AM
There's nothing that I can add that hasn't been said already :D:thumbsup:

Again, I'm with the majority, a like button, shorter search time...oh...and the "new posts" button at the bottom of the page to save me scrolling up to the top each time! I'm lazy, me!:D

Keep scrolling to the bottom and click 'top' :thumbsup:

BucksCM
17-08-2012, 09:14 AM
Keep scrolling to the bottom and click 'top' :thumbsup:

LOL!! Thank you!! Didn't know that was there!!:thumbsup::D

sarah707
17-08-2012, 10:08 AM
I would like a 'like' button or similar if it is possible please.

I often go into threads and see the answer already written there so I don't want to duplicate what someone else has said when there is no need...

But the OP must go back to their thread and wonder why so many people have looked at it and only 1 or 2 commented - it can be quite disheartening for them.

I know a percentage of the views are from google bots etc but there must also be a lot of forum members who are seeing the posts and reading a good strong reply which doesn't need another comment adding.

I don't want to enter the competition please Richard :D

Bear23
17-08-2012, 11:50 AM
i also would like a like button or something similar.

I love this forum, i love the support both for personal issue, and proffessional help :thumbsup:

Cammie Doodle
17-08-2012, 05:41 PM
Everything :clapping::clapping::clapping:
Improvement, mmmm after giving it some thought, I dont want it to change, but if things have to change can it be VERY slowly please :blush:

Donkey
17-08-2012, 10:44 PM
I love my forum family... They are always here when I need an ear, be it on the forum, by email or phone.

I love that now I have a bit more experience I feel more confident helping others.

changes... the ability to 'like' a post (facebook) or the ability to 'thank someone for their advice' as on mse forum

Richard
18-08-2012, 07:28 AM
Thank you very much for all the entries.

The winner chosen at random is ~Chelle~ - congratulations!

It seems most of you pretty much like the forum as it is which is great :)

There were quite a few requests for a like/thanks button and also for a mobile app.

I will do everything psosible to get both of these implemented as soon as possible.

Thanks again

Playmate
18-08-2012, 07:50 AM
Thank you very much for all the entries.

The winner chosen at random is ~Chelle~ - congratulations!

It seems most of you pretty much like the forum as it is which is great :)

There were quite a few requests for a like/thanks button and also for a mobile app.

I will do everything psosible to get both of these implemented as soon as possible.

Thanks again

Richard :):clapping:

Well done Chelle :clapping: If you are stuck choosing what to buy, I can send you the wish list I made last night ;):laughing:

Kiddleywinks
18-08-2012, 07:52 AM
:clapping::clapping:

Well done Chelle :thumbsup:

notts
18-08-2012, 09:59 AM
I love this forum as even though I am new to childcare and only became registered this year, I feel part of a network of professionals of whom I can get in touch with at anytime, via the forum and receive prompt responses/feedback/advice on absolutely anything!

This forum takes the isolation out of childminding and makes each and every one of us part of a virtual team. It's our hub.

Improvements? Being new, I find it hard to navigate sometimes, there may already be one but a sitemap would really help :thumbsup:

Forgot to say...even though the comp has finished, still adding as its still useful feedback :)

jelly15
18-08-2012, 10:00 AM
Congraulations Chelle :clapping:

sarah707
18-08-2012, 11:47 AM
Congratulations Chelle! :clapping::jump for joy::clapping:

~Chelle~
18-08-2012, 01:13 PM
Wow, I am soooooo chuffed, I NEVER win anything.:blush:

Thank you very much, I am sure that my kids will think of something to buy:laughing:

Mouse
18-08-2012, 03:53 PM
Congratulations Chelle :clapping: