PDA

View Full Version : Environmental Health

Pipsqueak
12-06-2008, 09:20 PM
It has finally hit my area - the council have woken up and are now insisting that all us CM's register as a Food Business....
Went to a briefing tonight with the Environmental Health Man who was ok (he really didn't want to be there - his word was law and you felt anything you had to say or ask was wasting his time) BUT it was pretty informative - got the pack Safer Food Better Business - good pack actually and its free and you can order one from here

www.food.gov.uk or 0845 606 0667

http://www.food.gov.uk/foodindustry/regulation/hygleg/hyglegresources/sfbb/sfbbcaterers/

Enjoy (and it ties in with yoru Risk Assessments / EYFS requirements)

miffy
12-06-2008, 09:23 PM
Thanks for the link Pip

miffy xx

angeldelight
12-06-2008, 09:25 PM
Wonder why it takes so long in some areas

I had to register in December 2006

Angel xx

Cazz
12-06-2008, 10:09 PM
So does that mean you have an EHO inspector coming round doing inspections like they would in the kitchen of a hotel for example?

Carole x

angeldelight
12-06-2008, 10:24 PM
Well I have never had anyone visit

They said that wont happen

Not sure about other areas though - everyone seems to be different

Angel xx

Cazz
12-06-2008, 10:27 PM
Well I have never had anyone visit

They said that wont happen

Not sure about other areas though - everyone seems to be different

Angel xx

Well I'm glad about that - dh has been a chef for over 20 years and I know from him that eho inspectors can be worse than than some of the ofsted inspectors that are mentioned on here!

What's the reason for having to be registered as a food business though if they don't then inspect you for it?

Carole x

hello kitty
13-06-2008, 06:23 AM
I'm on a Food Hygiene course tomorrow so it will be interesting to see what happens in my area. None of my cm friends are registered atm. :)

sarah707
13-06-2008, 06:40 AM
They really dont' want childminders around here - too many of us and they don't have enough staff... :rolleyes:

I use the information from the pack though - it's good stuff :D

Gherkin
13-06-2008, 06:44 AM
Here we only need to reg as a food business if we work with 2 or more assistants as too many childminder for them too handle. Unfortunatly it seems a lot of people are having to remind ofsted inspectors of that fact when they do visits.

foxy lady
13-06-2008, 08:41 AM
hi thanks for that
we dont have to register in our area yet. but i not in any hurry to do so ha ha

Pipsqueak
13-06-2008, 10:00 AM
The way the guy was explaining it last night - as the law stands everyone should be registered - regardless if the council are pushing it our not.

Something to do with the Food Hygiene (Englad) Regulations 2006 act - and the EU Food Hygiene act 2006 - it is a legal requirement. :( (I think some councils never actually pushed it though)

Delly
13-06-2008, 10:13 AM
they have been to me today, he never even looked in the fridge, I can't believe it !! It's gleaming as well !!..

just said that they might come every 2 years or so but really they weren't that bothered about childminders, bigger fish to fry etc..

it looks like its different depending on where you live.

jaja
13-06-2008, 01:32 PM
hi, ive not heard anything about us having to register in the food hgiene (unless i missed it, wouldnt suprise me!!!!!:blush: ) lol