PDA

View Full Version : 2 year old undid carseat buckle

kel1983
13-08-2012, 01:30 PM
I was so shocked :eek:

Lukily when we had stopped and parked but still :eek:

I remember reading a thread somewhere on the forum but can' find it now.

Looking for some advice on dealing with this. Had the odd couple who have taken arms out of straps and have dealt with this by simply stopping and re- adjusting belt and explaining that if they did it again we would have to stop again. They haven't done it since.

This lo is also able to undo phil and ted belts too and just loves touching things she shouldnt.

I dont think it helps as the button is red and sticks out from the rest of the buckle. I understand it has to be his colour for safety. (I Think)

gegele
13-08-2012, 01:56 PM
i tell the children not to touch from realy early one BUT you always got one!!!!!

mindee did like yours, and manage to take his own seat belt off while i was taking buggy out of car...i was shocked, didn't think they could do it so i still wonder if i did click it in properly or if clothing got stuck in it or something.

I told him off, put back the seat belt on and told him he wasn't allowed to touch the seat belt, i was the only one allowed to touch the button.

I told mum as well and asked her if it was something he tried with her so we were all saying the same thing.

add it to RA :laughing:

CH1957
13-08-2012, 02:05 PM
Ive got one that has been doing this for a while now - she was 2 last week. She also undoes the buggy straps/clip - she even reached across to undo her baby sisters last week. I am forever telling her to leave them alone but it doesnt seem to sink in - even I have trouble undoing the car seat sometimes so I dont know how she manages it.

smurfette
13-08-2012, 02:28 PM
I think there is something you can get to cover the buckle itself and also this device http://www.houdinistop.co.uk/

Is it a Britax by any chance? Saw an article about this being a common Problem with I think the elvolva 123?

Ripeberry
13-08-2012, 03:40 PM
I had one of these children. I glued some garden velcro onto the button so that it would be too uncomfortable for delicate small fingers to press on but adults could press without too much discomfort. Stopped him straight away :)

Helen Dempster
13-08-2012, 03:41 PM
I had a little one who did this all the time, used to drive me mad. In the end, I had to wrap something around the seat belt buckle so he couldn't get to it!! It worked, whereas all else failed!

kel1983
13-08-2012, 03:55 PM
I think there is something you can get to cover the buckle itself and also this device http://www.houdinistop.co.uk/

Is it a Britax by any chance? Saw an article about this being a common Problem with I think the elvolva 123?

Its a Britax Prince. But yes I saw something about the Evolva when I googled it earlier.

Funny enough the other lo who managed to do it also was in the other seat which is also a Britax Prince.

clareelizabeth1
14-08-2012, 07:35 AM
Love the Velcro idea now do you think that would work with door handles.