PDA

View Full Version : My New Mindee

Pipsqueak
12-06-2008, 09:16 PM
He is a little cutie!

We had a few tears and a bit of upset when mum left this morning (not as bad as I expected considering he hadn't met me before and arrival was slap bang in the middle of the getting ready for school rush), mind you Mum was worse, I more or less had to push her out the door with a tissue (bless her).

E hollered for 10mins (max), we went to school and he was a really happy chappie, very easy going and relaxed totally with me (kept calling me Mum!!! but by the end of the day he was calling me by my name). Gelled really well with James.
My DO was round this afternoon he was a bit shy at first but was soon talking to her.

He curled up on the sofa and slept for 2hrs as well - just like that - woke up in a lovely little mood with a smile.

Was running around like a madman with James when mum arrived who was surprised (but pleased).

Great first day! Fingers crossed for tomorrow. Mum seems ok - she has given me his diary from the previous CM to have a look at.

Alls good (so far), will stay positive and maintain a professional stance about all this I think!

:thumbsup:

kindredspirits
12-06-2008, 09:20 PM
hi,
i'm pleased it all went well - i'm dreading when i get my first one! :)
anna x

miffy
12-06-2008, 09:21 PM
Sounds like you had a lovely first day Pip..........long may it continue

What a lovely change from his predecessors :)

miffy xx

angeldelight
12-06-2008, 09:21 PM
Oh that is good news Pip

Things are looking up

He sounds lovely and so does mom - just what you needed

Hope it continues

Good luck

Angel xx

wendywu
12-06-2008, 09:22 PM
He seems lovely, a smile will get you anything within reason in my house :)

crazybones
12-06-2008, 09:22 PM
Sounds great. Glad you had a lovely day and long may it continue. :clapping:

Blaze
12-06-2008, 09:23 PM
Glad your first day went well...long may it continue!:clapping: :thumbsup:

Twinkles
12-06-2008, 09:25 PM
Glad everything went well :thumbsup:

Pipsqueak
12-06-2008, 09:34 PM
Sounds like you had a lovely first day Pip..........long may it continue

What a lovely change from his predecessors :)

miffy xx

oh yes!!!:D

I have my eyes wide open this time round and my professional hat firmly on!:D

He is a cutie pie

angeldelight
12-06-2008, 09:54 PM
Yes we live and learn Pip

Good luck

Angel xx

Cazz
12-06-2008, 09:57 PM
He seems lovely, a smile will get you anything within reason in my house :)

My baby, Megan, would be spoilt rotten at yours then - she never stops smiling!

It reminded me of what happened this morning - I went to an assembly at our Junior School as the Year 5's were putting on a presentation about their recent residential trip and my mum came along as my dd and ds were both reading poems. As we went in the hall the headteacher (who is a funny woman - really friendly one day and blank you another!) spoke to Megan who gave her the most gorgeous smile. The headteacher got so excited and flapped her arms around saying "Oh she smiled at me - babies normally cry when I talk to them" my mum straight away replied "Oh she'll smile at ANYTHING!" I was quite embarrassed and said "well that's nice isn't it!". My mum didn't mean it to come out offensively but I've said if they get bad reports I'm blaming her!

Carole x

angeldelight
12-06-2008, 09:58 PM
Haha that was funny Carole

Angel xx

Cazz
12-06-2008, 10:03 PM
Sorry Pipsqueak - I got so engrossed in sharing my embarrassment this morning that I forgot to say I'm really pleased you had such a great day with your new lo!

Carole x

jaja
13-06-2008, 01:50 PM
i`m glad everything went ok with your new mindee xxxxxxxx

flora
13-06-2008, 06:39 PM
Hope this new lo keeps up with his happy moods :clapping:

Lottie
13-06-2008, 06:42 PM
Sounds almost perfect! I am glad you are happy. :)

Pipsqueak
13-06-2008, 08:47 PM
My baby, Megan, would be spoilt rotten at yours then - she never stops smiling!

It reminded me of what happened this morning - I went to an assembly at our Junior School as the Year 5's were putting on a presentation about their recent residential trip and my mum came along as my dd and ds were both reading poems. As we went in the hall the headteacher (who is a funny woman - really friendly one day and blank you another!) spoke to Megan who gave her the most gorgeous smile. The headteacher got so excited and flapped her arms around saying "Oh she smiled at me - babies normally cry when I talk to them" my mum straight away replied "Oh she'll smile at ANYTHING!" I was quite embarrassed and said "well that's nice isn't it!". My mum didn't mean it to come out offensively but I've said if they get bad reports I'm blaming her!

Carole x

:laughing: :laughing: classic:D

Pipsqueak
13-06-2008, 08:49 PM
He has been great again today. A minutes cry when mum left. He had stopped by the time she had got in her car.

He got over excited at toddler, ran towards me and tripped banging his head on a chair. No major shakes, a small red patch and he just wanted to get back to play bless him.

He fell asleep in the buggy on the way home for an hour.

Really lovely day and he calls me Pippy!!!! (name of my dog but I guess its close enough to Vicky - Pippy - Vicky???? lol)

angeldelight
13-06-2008, 09:55 PM
Hey im going to call you pippy now it suits you haha vicky pippy

Glad its still going well for you

Angel xx

breezy
14-06-2008, 10:50 AM
glad it's going so well pippysqueak!

ajs
14-06-2008, 11:03 AM
pippy longstocking :clapping: