PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping arrangments

Zoomie
13-08-2012, 11:43 AM
Things have changed in my household since I last had a toddler napping in the day.

Mindee has recently moved to a big bed, and I am not sure whether she will still willingly go into my campcot still.

I no longer have a bed for mindee's to use, and couch isn't really practical if there is more than 2 mindees present. I could use my buggy, parked upstairs or by front door or a ready bed, but I am worried mindee getting up and wondering around.

Any ideas or suggestions please :)

AliceK
13-08-2012, 11:57 AM
Things have changed in my household since I last had a toddler napping in the day.

Mindee has recently moved to a big bed, and I am not sure whether she will still willingly go into my campcot still.

I no longer have a bed for mindee's to use, and couch isn't really practical if there is more than 2 mindees present. I could use my buggy, parked upstairs or by front door or a ready bed, but I am worried mindee getting up and wondering around.

Any ideas or suggestions please :)

When I had a mindee who moved into a big bed it was because she kept climbing out of her cot so for safety reasons I didn't want to risk leaving her in my travel cot. I made a bed up on the floor for her in my playroom and was surprised that from the first time I put her to sleep in it she stayed there and didn't get up to play / wander around. I didn't think she would be so good but she was. My other one the same age didn't need a sleep every day and would just cat nap if I put her in the buggy to go out. I'm not sure I would be comfortable leaving a child upstairs if they could potentially wander around.

xxx

kel1983
13-08-2012, 12:09 PM
We had a similar problem. Got a lo who cimbs out of cot so we had to start using a full reclining buggy. We have 3 other toddlers who are all in beds at home and only need a sleep a couple of days a week. These tend to get comfortable on the sofa with me reading story and fall asleep or we put a couple of cusions on the floor (large cushions off the back of sofa) to make a bed. Its lovely on the days when they all have a sleep together

loocyloo
13-08-2012, 12:23 PM
i have a couple of foam mattress things that i put on the floor of the sitting room/dining room with either a bedding/fleece blanket or sleeping bag.

i only have children in travel cots upstairs, once they are in a proper bed, they sleep downstairs on the mats.

smurfette
13-08-2012, 02:34 PM
i have a couple of foam mattress things that i put on the floor of the sitting room/dining room with either a bedding/fleece blanket or sleeping bag.

i only have children in travel cots upstairs, once they are in a proper bed, they sleep downstairs on the mats.

Ah now where does one procure such a thing?!! I have one who sleeps in buggy, one in travel cot and one on couch and would love to have them all sleep on the floor in playroom (have those alphabet mats down but would think they need something else under them

Zoomie
13-08-2012, 02:39 PM
Problem is my downstairs is all open plan :(

loocyloo
13-08-2012, 08:02 PM
i bought some thin foam ( 1 inch ) from a shop ( think it was an upholstery shop or something? i used to drive past it all the time ;) ) and made a cover for it ( bit like a sleeping bag ) put the foam in and sewed it up! job done!

:D

smurfette
13-08-2012, 09:52 PM
i bought some thin foam ( 1 inch ) from a shop ( think it was an upholstery shop or something? i used to drive past it all the time ;) ) and made a cover for it ( bit like a sleeping bag ) put the foam in and sewed it up! job done!

:D

Fab! Cheers will give it a try!!