PDA

View Full Version : Annoyed

loopyloopy
13-08-2012, 10:21 AM
Mindee appears to have diorehea and after the first nappy I contacted my who said to contact mindees grandmother if there is another bout and needs to go home. 3 nappies later and I have no number for grandmother and can't get hold of mum or dad and have been trying for 2 hours now. Mindee has had to go for a nap so now I will have to scrub the travel cot down as well as everything mindee has been in contact with so I'm not very pleased at all. We go on holiday on sat so if we all come down with it our hol will be ruined to begin with. I know mum is on a course so she may be busy but even still she knows that lo is not on top form today. I have 1 emergency contact number but mum said nothing about this person and I'm pretty sure they live quite far away

Any ideas what I can do?

BuggsieMoo
13-08-2012, 12:39 PM
You need to be calling the emergency contact you have and getting them to come and collect. In the meantime - continue to call mum and dad (at least they cannot say you did not contact them). I would also be looking at your emergency contacts again with them asap. x

sarah707
13-08-2012, 06:34 PM
Good advice from Buggsie!

I hope it was sorted out for you xx

Bluebell
13-08-2012, 06:37 PM
I hope the child was picked up ok - and annoyed? I think I'd have been furious! Have a lovely holiday and stay well x

loopyloopy
13-08-2012, 06:46 PM
Well nearly 2 hour later lo was collected and yet again I was asked to save the nappies to which I said no and reminded them I the fact that we discussed this the last time they asked and the reasons why I won't. Then as I was talking to dad he put the phone down on me. Now apparently dad got lo in the doctors and gp said she was fine, not sure how as dad works away and I know he was not in the area. Then mum txts to tell me all this along with saying she will drop lo off in the morning as normal. I'm not very happy with this, I'm pretty sure it woul be different if the boot was on the other foot. And if we come down with it I will have to close and give refunds :angry: Not really fair I don't think

Two Princesses
13-08-2012, 08:33 PM
If you have sent lo home then you are well within your rights to enforce the 48 hour rule surely?
Is lo ill/unwell or could it be something else?
I have a 12 month old mindee who always has horrible nappies for 48 hour when she's cutting a new tooth :(

Gherkin
13-08-2012, 09:29 PM
The Health Protection Agency say that for schools and childcare settings there whould be a 48 hr exclusion period from the [U]last[U] incident of vomiting or diarreah. Explain this to the family and tell them that you are unable to have the child as they have clearly been unwell. Explain you would be in breach of regulations if you did not stick to this and further explain that if you pick up the bug then that would mean further closures which could be longer if it goes around your whole household. They can have no childcare for 48 hours or possibly risk no childcare for much longer. Stick to your guns as if you cave then you will be looked on as a walk over. Also ensure you have all the correct contact details and further emergency contact details.

If the baby is young though teething can cause awful nappies so you need to judge whether it is a bug or teething.

AliceK
14-08-2012, 06:54 AM
I had a baby who used to have toddler diareahea. Her nappies were always awful and she could do 4 /5 a day some days but I knew what it was and I knew it was normal for her. In my experience proper diareahea has that particular smell, you know the one I mean? It's not the usual pooey smell. That's what tells me it's time to be sent home.

xxxx