PDA

View Full Version : Telling potential parents I have others interested?

smurfette
12-08-2012, 08:47 PM
I am lucky enough to be in an area where childminders are in demand .. For now!

I have a lady coming to see me Wednesday night as i will have a space coming up shortly .. I like the sound of the hours she wants and the little fella age wise would fit right in with the two mindees i will have left ... However I have had three more enquiries all who are interested who I think want to meet me. One of them only wants ten hours a week and I think might fit around the first but the other two want the same number of hours and would clash. I haven't as yet told first person I have other people interested, do I tell her at interview? And if so will I sound like I am not interested in her? And as I will be seeing her first and if I like her should I still see the others? Sorry have never been in this position before and I appreciate I am lucky but not sure how to handle it ! Obviously want to get the best fit for me

christine e
12-08-2012, 08:53 PM
First of all wait and see how you get on on Wednesday - you might not like her! If you do like her and she likes you hopefully she will tell you there and then that she wants you but if not then I would say you have a couple more people coming to see you.

Hope it all works out for you

Cx

smurfette
12-08-2012, 09:15 PM
Thanks for reply! She has just text me and said she is back to work 27th August and would want a few settling in session first (thank goodness!) so she will prob decide quite quickly ,, that means I have to too aarrgghh!! Will try pin down others interested!

miffy
12-08-2012, 10:54 PM
I agree with Christine, meet her and see how you get on. In her favour she will be back at work within a couple of weeks so you'll be earning almost straight away - doesn't give much time for settling in though :rolleyes:

Miffy xx

smurfette
12-08-2012, 11:02 PM
I agree with Christine, meet her and see how you get on. In her favour she will be back at work within a couple of weeks so you'll be earning almost straight away - doesn't give much time for settling in though :rolleyes:

Miffy xx

No and he isn't quite two yet and the other little fella I have almost this age is quite clingy! I have to give my other mindee notice when I fill the slot, mum is on maternity and self employed and I won't be able to take the new baby too, but as she is breastfeeding she doesn't know when she is going to go back to work (baby is 4 months) .. Unfortunately she will be the type to just make her mind up and won't give me much notice and I am afraid if I leave it I won't full it so want to sort it now while I have enquiries! Was hoping to give her more notice but should be able to give her 5/6 weeks as couple of others are on holiday

smurfette
12-08-2012, 11:03 PM
Can't believe new parent left it so late either eek! Think she had a minder in the house and has suddenly now decided she would rather he had more company